BlacKat Guitars - Feral Cat Project

oriphinz

Reaction score
The double in black looks great in the rendering! Would probably suit the rosewood board a bit better though IMO.

Would pull the trigger with a ebony fret board and SS frets but i understand why it cant be done. Just need to keep saving :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Damn, I was going to hunt a PWH down but Im seriously considering getting one of these instead, $1400ish or whatever it is, including shipping is so damn cheap! Just to be clear though, the same guys behind skerv make these? And they are ex-mayones?

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Feral DoubleKat 7, whitewash on ash, maple board, standard scale.
CL/LF.

That sounds like a killer deal at under 1500 USD.

5 Guitars on my GAS list this year, now. :lol:

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
We want to have everything ready (specs, renders) and start taking preorders on 20th January, which is BlacKat's 1st Anniversary. :)

I'd like to start manufacturing these asap to be honest, delivery depends mostly on pickup distributors.
Ok thx

Too soon for me :D

On the other way i was thinking of a 6 string with evertune and some custom options so i'll go for a custom again later

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Put me down for a baritone 7, alder body, whitewash, maple board.
thanks! ;)

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
Just to be clear though, the same guys behind skerv make these? And they are ex-mayones?

I hire Skervesen workshop to build BlacKats for me - this has been stated on this forum several times and I don't see the point of making secret of it as anyone can realize this when watching background on "in progress pics". The second question has been answered several times too and I don't want and need to use other brands good name as my sales-pitch, as quality of my guitars has been proven enough already, so let's just say that people behind these guitars (including me) worked in past in few companies connected to guitar manufacturing industry. :)

pylyo

Reaction score
I am really interested in getting me one of these but now this new downgrade of 3 pcs body is somehow an obstacle to me. Is there any possibility that we have a 2 piece body in this run?

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
1200 € is top limit for me for "cheap model" 6 string. Any upgrade more will push the price above this level, including most things that have been asked for and that are reserved for our higher, "custom models". We won't use 3 random pieces found on the wood scrapyard, it's same wood that goes to higher end models. For woods with uniform parallel lines of grain (mahogany, alder) this will be barely noticeable. Ash will show more because it's visually more complex.

For 420 € (6 string) more you get Ninja model with stainless steel frets, ebony fretboard, hiscox hardcase, matched 2 piece bodies, Bare Knuckle pickups, extended wiring with additional push-pull pot, straploks, Luminlays, extended range of finishes (highgloss, satin, two color on ash etc) and ability to further customize the guitar. Want tops, cat paw :) and even more versatile wiring? Add 190 € and get Leon.

Upgrade to cheapest Bare Knuckles (Painkillers, Nailbombs) in open black bobbins will be possible for 110 €. I'm still checking duncan/dimarzio upgrade price (passives only).

feral8_single.jpg

Here is what 7 string baritone DoubleKat would look like with rosewood fretboard and natural finished mahogany body. I've also realized that I didn't draw bar polepiece on Crunchlab for renders :)
7baritone_mahogany_rosewood.jpg

And another render:
feral7_baritone_blue.jpg

Last edited:

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
So are these outsourced to Skerveson as well? Where and who will be building these?

Any chance of a Schaller Hannes option? How many build slots, or did I miss that?

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
Yes, all BlacKats are built by Skervesen, including Ferals. No alterations are possible in Feral except these stated. Hannes can be done in more expensive models - Ninja and Leon.
For first run I want to build 10-12 guitars. I want to open the list in few days when we decide on all details. The run will start regardless of amount of orders since we will build some for stock too.

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
Doable. 1350 € with DiMarzios, 1450 € with BKPs. By the way Sebastian, that Tiger X8 that you wanted to order last year is now on sale at Guitar Candy in Belgium for 1370 € with Lundgren M8 and they also add Aftermath that was there originally. Great deal IMO.

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
I've made around 200 renders for Ferals so far. First 50 only to realize that body texture is misaligned :facepalm:.

I assume this one will be our most popular guitar soon. I know that I'm picking right direction when I start to have GAS on it myself...

169644_479947332063168_1887372235_o.jpg

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
Yeah, on my hard drive. I've made most of them (it was an enormous task, over 350 renders), but I'm doublechecking if all is correct. Hmm, maybe I should make another 350 for lefties? ;)

Once I check them, I'll upload a gallery somewhere. Here are some news:
Why limit to 4 colours when we can make... 9? White washed, brown (woodish ;), orange, red, blue, purple, green, black, natural. Not all will be possible on sapele, and I don't think we want to do natural on alder...

Specsheet should be ready today, I'll double check prices and I think we'll open preorder list tomorrow.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling that these BlacKats will take over the world. Just sayin'.

:eek:

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
World domination is our ultimate goal ;). Some renders are wrong so I'm fixing them today and will post a gallery somewhere, with all ordering information etc and we'll open waiting list today or tomorrow. I want to ship first batch in April. :)

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Damn. At this price point, youre in the same area as a carvin Dc800. Now thats value.

I for sure see a feral 8 in my future :)

')