BlacKat Guitars - Feral Cat Project

Cremated

Reaction score
feral 8 strings are 27.1" only

maybe it's possible on full custom models like ninja and leon

read the first post, you'll get everything you need to know about feral model

Thanks, but the scale lengths aren't in the first post.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Could I make a suggestion? It might be better to refer (*) to the "maple-fretboard-option only on 8 strings" as "Rosewood not possible on 8-strings". Because now it suggests maple is an 8-string only option and not available for 6- and 7-strings.
:yesway:

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
The brown finish on ash/rosewood board render speaks to me.

will your pickup routes allow for a drop in replacement with covered BKP's?
I have a camo cover aftermath set that would look insane dropped in there.

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
I want to close list for first run of Ferals in few days (until sunday) so if anyone would like to have his spot in first run (ETA is mid-April) then please let me know fast...

812639_487666544624580_764581464_o.jpg

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
If someone is wondering what will finish on ferals look in real life, here is 6-string proto (with old pot layout) of black on ash.
792158_492693117455256_78031553_o.jpg

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
Nice finish ! What wood did you use ?

The body looks thin, like my ibby sa260

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
i just realize that i didn't read all your post before asking my dumb question :ugh:

here is 6-string proto (with old pot layout) of black on ash.
i'm really tired :lol:

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
Just a reminder that I close the list for Ferals on sunday. We have 8 orders +3 guitars for stock, 15 is total I want to do for first run (it was supposed to be 10, but since we went to 11 already...).

After first run we'll start manufacturing them on more regular basis.

Order now and get your axe mid April.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
I just realized a feral 7 with blackhawks and a hiscox case to canada is almost 2k$ :(

It's just pic angle, body thickness is pretty standard, think rg etc. Wood is ash.

Id be curious as to how your blackcats compare to like an ibanez RG. Obviously the body shape is different but it must be pretty similar, epsecially the neck profiles right? If this has been answered before, sorry :lol:

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
Feral 7 with Black Hawks and Hiscox is approx 1670$ including shipping. Not sure about import taxes.

Necks are slightly thicker than Wizard - it is more like Ibanez Petrucci neck adapted to 7 and 8 strings (or Ultra neck on RG2020x).

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Feral 7 with Black Hawks and Hiscox is approx 1670$ including shipping. Not sure about import taxes.

Necks are slightly thicker than Wizard - it is more like Ibanez Petrucci neck adapted to 7 and 8 strings (or Ultra neck on RG2020x).

base sales tax in my area is 13% but since itd be coming from poland, Im not sure how much more theyd charge at customs if they would, thats why I said itd be closer to 2k$ but the neck does sound interesting for sure. do want :hbang:

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
base sales tax in my area is 13% but since itd be coming from poland, Im not sure how much more theyd charge at customs if they would, thats why I said itd be closer to 2k$ but the neck does sound interesting for sure. do want :hbang:

Unless Canada does it significantly differently than the US, I don't think that customs' fees are based on sales tax. It's all kind of on the "luck of the draw too." I had something "imported" from CA and I had to pay UPS $80 and when "importing" from Hungary and USPS, I didn't pay a dime....

ThatBeardGuy

Reaction score
If it's anything like my Mayones (which I ordered directly from them) they will tax it as well as charge customs, that said total for taxes and customs was less then $500, and that guitar was over $2000 so it should be a bit less for a nice BlacKat :) total yeah we will probably end up paying close to $2k after taxes and everything.

')