BlacKat Guitars - Feral Cat Project

gingerman

Reaction score
3638_517995828258318_105545551_n.jpg

Actually, what is this finish? Asking with a future order in mind... :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
Ordered mine weeeheeeeee.

Singlekat 6 string in white with rosewood board. CL/LF. (Ash body)

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
Do you know when you'll receive it?

I ordered a singlekat 6 in white with rosewood board but wih standard dimarzios.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you know when you'll receive it?

I ordered a singlekat 6 in white with rosewood board but wih standard dimarzios.

I was told April. I guess the first batch they finished (even though mine was the very first order ;) ) was the ones they are taking to the Musik Messe in Frankfurt, which is entirely understandable.
So I am guessing 2nd half of April some time

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
I was told April. I guess the first batch they finished (even though mine was the very first order ;) ) was the ones they are taking to the Musik Messe in Frankfurt, which is entirely understandable.
So I am guessing 2nd half of April some time

I've been told mid June although I got an email to say it might be earlier than expected

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been told mid June although I got an email to say it might be earlier than expected

I'm sure I would be receiving mine any day now if it weren't for the Musikmesse. I understand their priorities totally though, as I said.

Gonna be a triple NGD for me in any case hehe

stratjacket

Lost in a loop
Reaction score
Not sure what the tape is for though unless to keep it from getting scratched? It has no top, just stained body.

Any of you knowledgeable folks know why?

EDIT: Nevermind. Tom posted on his FB page the were taped up just to protect the finish during hardware installs

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
Hi! I'm thinking very seriously about ordering a 6 string Feral double-cut with maple neck and fretboard. Mainly I would use it for Drop C/ Drop B(Killswitch Engage,Alter Bridge...) tuning.I have some questions:
-If I buy this guitar I'm sure I will put BKP in the guitar. Which ones would be the best for sapele mahogany/ash with maple neck and fretboard?
- Can you put any string gauge to the guitar to be shipped with? I don't know what string gauge would be good for Drop C/ Drop B and If it would be better to put the 27'' baritone scale.
Thank you.
PD: That white finish it's flawless!!!

stratjacket

Lost in a loop
Reaction score
Honestly any pickup would be good depending on what you want to do. My favorite combo is mahogany body with BKP painkillers, but your opinion may vary. A good starting point is to look at the EQ curves on BKP site for each pickup and then general EQ curves for the wood you want. If the wood has a mid spike, then you don't want to get a pickup that accents the mids, it will sound thin and shrill. If wood has a mid spike, get a pickup with a treble and/or bass spike and mid cut. That is the general idea I follow, but there's no substitute for trying it yourself.

If you don't like it, you can probably sell or trade it for a different set on here.

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
My favorite BKPs for sapele are Aftermaths, followed by Black Hawks and Painkillers. At this moment I install string sets that fit the tuning that customer orders but since it is a bit problematic there will be small upcharge for non standard set/tuning in the future (I'm calculating new pricelist that will be published tomorrow, prices won't change but we'll add new options).

')