Blackat Guitars

• Thread starter anthonylbest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anthonylbest

Guitarist, Youtuber, Collector
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Blackat guitars?

I got offered a singlecut with a single pickup in trade for my Mayones M6 Setius. From first glance appear to be about the same value, but I know Mayo... Not much at all about Blackat...

Attachments

• 21584388_10101272955554102_1511054790_o.jpg
    21584388_10101272955554102_1511054790_o.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 128

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Never played one, but they seem to have a decent reputation. The finishing work is done by Skervesen. That being said, that one is pretty boring looking. Check out some of their other stuff, and they have some really cool new shapes, woods, finishes, etc. They've been on my watch list for quite a while. Hopefully someone with hands on experience will chime in here.

BMO

Geetarist
Reaction score
I did a lot of research on European luthiers/custom shops when I had a lot of money saved (that I lost soon after due to losing my job at the time.) From what I could derive from this forum and reviews is Blackat makes really good stuff, it was/still sort of is a one man operation and the only issue that came about was his inability to handle orders alone and needing to retool some machines. However, the finishing now gets done at Skervesen's shop and the work flow is smoother. Ola Englund has owned two of them and you can see him play them on Youtube.

Power2theMetal

The deal was rigged
Reaction score
Never played one either, but from what I've read there is definite quality to their guitars. I've seen that guitar up for sale/trade for quite some time and I've almost pulled the trigger on it more times than I can count, but chose no to because it is so bare bones. Although admittedly, I don't like the cat paw inlay on the fretboard that most of their guitars come with (with this being the one exception I've seen).

')