Blackheart Loomis, Stage one

• Thread starter SevenDeadly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SevenDeadly

Loomis Brotherhood
Reaction score
I finally got up the courage to change the finish on my loomis. Started with 120 grit sand paper for the heavy stuff, doing 200 grit today, tomorow, Dark Ebony stain. I think the ebony will take real well to the grains in the ash body.

If you see this Jeff, I'm sorry, the McDonald's color scheme wore off on me a long time ago

eta pics

l_c72820cdb759471f920a41a43ad7d925.jpg

more pictures inbound

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
cool!
man you've got balls, I'd be horrified to do that to one of my guitars.
should look great when It's finished.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
w00t! I love seeing DIY projects! Can't wait to see how this turns out. :yesway:

Cypher

Reaction score
Very curious how this will turn out!! Will look killer for sure, never liked the colour on the Loomis. This will make it look a 1000 times sexier:hbang:

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
oh damn! you sir, have balls of brass. That will look amazing with the black stain, maple board, and black goodies. huzzah to you!

what about the back? since its a set neck and the neck is also that red finish, did you sand it, too?

SevenDeadly

Loomis Brotherhood
Reaction score
oh damn! you sir, have balls of brass. That will look amazing with the black stain, maple board, and black goodies. huzzah to you!

what about the back? since its a set neck and the neck is also that red finish, did you sand it, too?

It is sanded too. I did that part by hand cause I was worried about the sander heating up the glue in the joint. The neck is sooo sexy sanded

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
Dark Ebony stain ftw! That's precisely what I want to go after with my semi-custom 7... looking forward to seeing the result on yours :)

Arminius

Reaction score
It looks awesome:yesway: I'm sure a dark stain will look :yum:

i wish someone would decide to do this to one of their mahogany Schecters so i can see how it looks. I'm too scared to do it to mine.:lol:

Reaction score
Cant wait to see the final product, i remember someone posting photoshopped pictures of the loomis in different colors. I wonder how similar it will be to those.

')