Blackheart Loomis, Stage one

• Thread starter SevenDeadly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
Looking very nice! I reckon the head stock left as maple will actually look pretty killer when its all done.

Elysians idea might work pretty well too

If this works out i can see a few people following in your foot steps, if they have the balls ha ha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

solarian

Reaction score
That already looks insane dude! I absolutely love the Loomis guitars and to see someone with enough balls to sway away from the standard red = WIN!!! Refinish projects are always fun, so good luck with the refinish dude!!

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
oh shit man, you're going to have the most metal looking guitar out there. with that maple board, thats going to be the shit!

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I personally would sand it back so the black is only in the grain lines, and then do another coat so that the white areas of the wood are lighter than the grain lines. Thatd look pretty slick.

I thought of that too. But the solid black looks badass!

badger71

Reaction score
Awesome. I hope this thread ends up on a Schecter employee's computer....for a few ideas regarding 7 string, non-sig, guitar ideas. Let Loomis have the "red" and cross inlays...make something with ash body/board with different colors and no inlays for the rest of us. :shred:

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I always thought loomis looked like a freaking vampire, and his guitar's the blood red finish with crosses didn't help much either...but sir...your guitar will look like major win :hbang:

SevenDeadly

Loomis Brotherhood
Reaction score
thanks for the motivation y'all, went out of town to party last night, gonna get back to it tonight

Demeyes

Reaction score
Looks pretty good so far. I think when it's all done and without the tape it'll look really killer.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
^ Spammers aren't even bothering having actual names :lol:

"Hello, My Name is fghfh, would you like some shoes?"

Looks good bro! can't wait to see it reassembled!

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
How hard was it to get off the original finish? Your giving me some dirty thoughts. I think the Llomis would look bad in a green stain. Like the see through green SRC's.

SevenDeadly

Loomis Brotherhood
Reaction score
the finish was REALLY thick. After one good pass with the sander, the bright "red" was off, but there was really deep dark/black stains due the to the density of the wood. It took some long and hard sanding, but I used 120 for the first go at it because I was a little dubious.

edit-everything is back together, just need to get strings if the guitar shop is open tomorrow. pics in the morning

SevenDeadly

Loomis Brotherhood
Reaction score
sorry for the bad photos, getting strings tomorrow!

l_88717d7af9174924bdc510a2975abd91.jpg

l_885a3d3e06e741ee8770c35ff5e0f47f.jpg

l_a0497353f2ca433d98af3e1559880b53.jpg

')