Blackmachine 8 on the bay.

• Thread starter Nazca
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chonker

Reaction score
Hopefully it'll still be for sale when my student load comes through :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Man, if that had been the fanned fret i'd have just got myself into a lot of debt. Luckily though, it's not. I didn't gel with the 30" scale 8's, but the fanned 8's, well, i could die happy.

Seriously, even for that amount in USD, it's a very good buy. Blackmachines don't just kick ass, they kick peoples asses off so hard that people buy them back to have them kicked off again.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
I heard from Doug a few months back that Alex was planning to sell at least 1 8, looks like he chose to ebay it!

Good score, although I imagine that 'mint' may be pushing it a bit.

jibster

Reaction score
He actually had 2 up there, I assume someone bought the other one, though I wouldn't blame him if he changed his mind.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
OK... who's bidding on it? ;)

He actually had 2 up there, I assume someone bought the other one, though I wouldn't blame him if he changed his mind.

Um, I don't know how many he's got but it was certainly more then 2...

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
As far as I know, he had 2 normal 8's, and then bought Dougs nice Blonde burled fan fretted 8 because of the better intonation, and he also bought the last fully snakewood necked B2 that Doug made.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
As far as I know, he had 2 normal 8's, and then bought Dougs nice Blonde burled fan fretted 8 because of the better intonation, and he also bought the last fully snakewood necked B2 that Doug made.

He's loaded! Unfortunately, he's not answering my e-mails, preventing me from helping him get rid of this guitar.

Nick

Reaction score
Probably even more than that.

I want to move to Europe. You guys have it much better than we do at the moment... Maybe always will from now on...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:orly:

Unless you want to sell a house. Or get a mortgage. Or if you hate paying taxes. Or can't stand being without your car. :wallbash:

great price for that guitar though

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
£1600 is an incredible price for that guitar. Good buy whoever snapped it up!

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score

That figures, when I last saw Doug he said he didn't actually own any of his guitars any more! Wildly stabbing in the dark the B2 would be the snakewood/ebony fillet necked one... Doug's got enough snakewood for a similar neck but it's an absolute bastard to work and no-one's offered him enough money to make it worthwhile. AFAIK there were only 2 solid snakewood necks and one of them's in my bedroom right now! (yeah, I know, gloating ain't nice!!)

The 8s are nice but I don't have the technique for it, fanned or not.... :noplease: The 30 inch scale ones (like the one that sold) are stupidly aggressive. Mmm.

')