Blackmachine B2

• Thread starter Ziricote
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
With inlays on blackmachines being so rare, this must be worth a fortune:

300x300.jpg

It's just a shame that there's such a huge disconnect between people who like hot topic t-shirts and people with a spare $20k+

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SDMFVan

Reaction score
"special and old rosewood neck"

Jeez - guys are just getting lazy. "Um, you know, it's special...I can't remember the details just yet but it's definitely not just a normal rosewood neck. Trust me."

Don't forget the "secret chambering".

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Has the top been glossed?

It's still tough for me to get why people get so amped up by these. They're cool, but good lord there's a lot of hyperbole with them.

The bubble burst a good while ago, now that there are thousands of Blackmachines made every year across the world they lost a lot of their visual appeal. Most recent people who wanted one bought one second hand and then sold/flipped it on so there isn't much of a market now. For new ones yes, they are selling at ridiculous prices but the second hand market isn't moving much these days.

Edika

Reaction score
Hmm pay a deposit for a house or buy a guitar? I wonder what the correct decision would be?

Honestly when I saw the photos this guy posted I initially thought it was one of those Chinese copies floating around lately and thought "this guy has balls". Then saw it was an actual Blackmachine and thought "oh wow this guy is like someone selling his house after the bubble burst and trying to make most of the money he overspent on something not worth that much". Yes I can't afford it but even if I could I would have bought 4 to 10 awesome guitars with that money.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
hmmm buy a pile of skervesens and kiesels or one 20k guitar. Obviously the 20k guitar *sarcasm*

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Man I guess I'll be the dissenting vote here. If I had FU $ I'd give it a shot lol. I'd offer him like 16k and see what's up.

But having FU $ is sort of like saying "If I could afford to value things entirely different to what they're actually valued at..."

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
It's just a shame that there's such a huge disconnect between people who like hot topic t-shirts and people with a spare $20k+

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640.jpg

$1100 case will always be my favorite part.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
When Blackmachine was new, I thought they were really cool. I still think that they are really cool, actually, but more $3k cool than $20k cool. :lol:

At this point, I'm scratching my head. Is there any reason why these are worth that much?

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
When Blackmachine was new, I thought they were really cool. I still think that they are really cool, actually, but more $3k cool than $20k cool. :lol:

At this point, I'm scratching my head. Is there any reason why these are worth that much?

Doug is an amazing marketer.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
:lol: First time I've ever seen dog inlays as a selling feature. Who doesn't want a B2 with generic dot inlays?

It's still tough for me to get why people get so amped up by these. They're cool, but good lord there's a lot of hyperbole with them.

Oh man I was really hoping that wasn't a typo. Damn.

Lemons

Reaction score
Doug is an amazing marketer.

Funnily enough it's more a case of his inaction driving the prices up like crazy. He doesn't promote the brand and barely makes them anymore, whilst the hype train went crazy and anyone who already owned one was happy to sing their praises because it secured them a crazy high resale value.

A-Branger

Reaction score
so there are quite a few good builders in this forum so:

1- Let get some guitars happening at a decent price for only us
2- Go to a Periphery meet and greet and take a sneaky pic of Misha holding one
3- Dont promote the brand and stop production to make it look more "rare"
4- Have every one who bought one made a super hyped review and sing their praises
5-?????
6- re-sell them for 20K...... Profit!!!

Ziricote

Reaction score
My friend says he will offer 14K for it. We will see what happens. I hope seller acdept so i can try it

Lemons

Reaction score
My friend says he will offer 14K for it. We will see what happens. I hope seller acdept so i can try it

Feel free to send me your friends phone number, I've got lots of guitars I'd love to sell for way more than they're worth.

')