Blackmachine B2

• Thread starter Ziricote
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Pin from Sikth was the first guy who made them popular. Thats why everyone wanted one WAY before Misha.

pylyo

Reaction score
Pin from Sikth was the first guy who made them popular. Thats why everyone wanted one WAY before Misha.

Exactly.
And that's why I've been dreaming about one since 2006. I still remember the original BM web site from back then, there were pics of Thordendal testing one 8 string, among others and some chicks with tele-style BM (or was it SG?), together with Diezel amps, all happening in some tenda-like booth.

SDMFVan

Reaction score
It should also be mentioned that the idea of Blackmachines being worth $15k+ is a proven false economy. A few people bought up a bunch at normal pricing and then took advantage of Doug's slow output and the fact that they controlled a decent portion of the market to drive the price through the roof. It lasted for awhile, they made a bunch of money and now it's plummeting back to reality.

It's similar in a lot of ways to the diamond market: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rohin-dhar/diamonds-are-bull...._b_3708562.html

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Gotta love Francisco's buy a blackmachine, publish article explaining why the blackmachine is worth $20k+, sells blackmachine.

valvefury

Reaction score
post count = 1
lol @ comparing blackmachines to 50s les pauls and PRS dragons
you realize basically no one outside of this forum even knows or cares about these guitars

clueless seller confirmed

The carbon cases range anywhere form 500-1500 depending on options.

The fact that no one here knows about the guitar only verifies the silliness of all the judgement. 90% of those that commented never even played a guitar above 6k.

narad

Reaction score
The carbon cases range anywhere form 500-1500 depending on options.

So where's the other $10k in the markup come from?

The fact that no one here knows about the guitar only verifies the silliness of all the judgement. 90% of those that commented never even played a guitar above 6k.

How come the only guys who touting how much they should be worth are the guys who sell them? :lol:

remus1710

Reaction score
i don t know about others but i would choose a PRS Private Stock over a Blackmachine anyday...

Ziricote

Reaction score
I observe both sides. I see guys who own Blackmachine say they are amazing guitars and worth the price they paid. Yes they want to protect investment but almost all of them today own the guitar because they truly enjoy it and can afford it, not for investment. Then I see guys who never play one talking about how the high prices have come and gone. I see no evidence of pricing not valid today. I feel this side does it for jealousy, because they cannot understand and also because they think their opinion in this thread and this forum can dictate and lower prices in the market. Your opinion on this thread by you who have never played and cant afford does not have power to dictate prices for such guitars does it? I wish Blackmachine B2 was affordable for me but I dont think guys who never played one or cannot afford one have the power to bring the prices down. I see demand as strong as ever was. This guitar will sell. Dear seller please accpet my friends 14K when he makes it. Thanks :cool:

narad

Reaction score
I observe both sides. I see guys who own Blackmachine say they are amazing guitars and worth the price they paid. Yes they want to protect investment but almost all of them today own the guitar because they truly enjoy it and can afford it, not for investment. Then I see guys who never play one talking about how the high prices have come and gone. I see no evidence of pricing not valid today. I feel this side does it for jealousy, because they cannot understand and also because they think their opinion in this thread and this forum can dictate and lower prices in the market. Your opinion on this thread by you who have never played and cant afford does not have power to dictate prices for such guitars does it? I wish Blackmachine B2 was affordable for me but I dont think guys who never played one or cannot afford one have the power to bring the prices down. I see demand as strong as ever was. This guitar will sell. Dear seller please accpet my friends 14K when he makes it. Thanks :cool:

I'm like 100% sure you don't have a friend making a $14k offer on the guitar because the last thing a friend would want you to do is publicly post the price of an offer. That would just give other potential buyers an advantage (your goal in this thread to incite such guys ? / Imply to the world that people will actually pay $14k for a used blackmachine from 2005?)

valvefury

Reaction score
i don t know about others but i would choose a PRS Private Stock over a Blackmachine anyday...

I have had a few PRS PS that had to be returned or sold as the intonation was off. They are great eye candy 100% of the time but not playable really.

valvefury

Reaction score
VALUE is really simple and not up for argument as it is completely subjective. Items are worth whatever they sell for or what anyone is willing to pay. And it is a fact that BMs have sold for over 10k for a while. New ones are 15k if you can get on a list and wait 3+ years. Some used BMs have sold for over 25k. So value is really in the eye of the beholder.

If you don't agree with that value that is your prerogative however to belittle anyone who wants to spend their own money on ANYTHING is judgemental, fiscally racist and immature.

There are a handful of people that can afford these. But I don't see those guys making fun of guys who love their 500 dollar guitars.

As the lyrics for Metallica go "Judge not lest ye be judged yourself"

valvefury

Reaction score

Agreed

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I have had a few PRS PS that had to be returned or sold as the intonation was off. They are great eye candy 100% of the time but not playable really.

That's shenanigans. You don't return a guitar because the intonation is off, you set the intonation. :nuts: If your strings go out of tune, do you cut them all off and replace them? If your car needs an oil change, do you trash it and get a new one?!

VALUE is really simple and not up for argument as it is completely subjective. Items are worth whatever they sell for or what anyone is willing to pay. And it is a fact that BMs have sold for over 10k for a while. New ones are 15k if you can get on a list and wait 3+ years. Some used BMs have sold for over 25k. So value is really in the eye of the beholder.

If you don't agree with that value that is your prerogative however to belittle anyone who wants to spend their own money on ANYTHING is judgemental, fiscally racist and immature.

There are a handful of people that can afford these. But I don't see those guys making fun of guys who love their 500 dollar guitars.

As the lyrics for Metallica go "Judge not lest ye be judged yourself"

I'm not going to disagree with your overall point, but "racist?!"

valvefury

Reaction score
That's shenanigans. You don't return a guitar because the intonation is off, you set the intonation. :nuts: If your strings go out of tune, do you cut them all off and replace them? If your car needs an oil change, do you trash it and get a new one?!

Hehehe - "fiscally racist" had a good ring to it though

If the frets were put in wrong, and they put the bridge on wrong. If some frets are higher or lower. If the necks are put on wrong or warped. All these things were wrong with PRS PS's I've had. ANY flaw in a 10k+ guitar is unacceptable.

ANY BM I have played are flawless in form, fit and function.

Ziricote

Reaction score
I agree PRS is eye candy and made to a great quality but they are some of the least "playable" guitars for me. But Ive never spent too much time with high end PRS, just what I tried in stores. All I hear from actual BM owner is that they fit what people want when they pay high prices for them, and only after they get them is they confirmed of this. Next on my list is high spec Mayo, Vik and japanese Strandberg since I accept BM is too high price for me

A-Branger

Reaction score
I agree PRS is eye candy and made to a great quality but they are some of the least "playable" guitars for me. But Ive never spent too much time with high end PRS, just what I tried in stores. All I hear from actual BM owner is that they fit what people want when they pay high prices for them, and only after they get them is they confirmed of this. Next on my list is high spec Mayo, Vik and japanese Strandberg since I accept BM is too high price for me

funny thing is that you can get all those 3 guitars by the price this BM is selling for and still have some money left. Plus 3 high end guitars who would play the same as the BM

thats what we are talking about, the stupid high price. Any good reputable luthier today can make an awesome guitar who would play same if not better as that 20k BM, plus it can be made with better materials, at your specs. Even if the other guy pays 14k, you still are paying for a NAME, and all that "this guitars plays like nothing else" talk is all in your head trying to justify the fanboy of the price

')