Blackmachine B2

• Thread starter Ziricote
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
The internet gave them the hype. Their rarity gets them their price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Is Ziricote supposed to be a B2 owner...is that what you guys are implying?

Yes. We're implying that the guy who one page back said,

"I wish Blackmachine B2 was affordable for me but I dont think guys who never played one or cannot afford one have the power to bring the prices down. I see demand as strong as ever was. This guitar will sell."

Literally owns multiple blackmachines and has been able to afford buying directly from Doug.

We're implying that the guy that said,

"Dear seller please accpet my friends 14K when he makes it. Thanks"

Actually knows the seller, who is also posting in this thread, and has no friend offering $14k. I think you can imagine the seller's probably hoping for some $15k offers.

The comments on here and similar web forums don't and won't effect B2 selling prices...even if it is from owners of them. You're thinking too highly of yourselves if you think it does.

Dude, there aren't many blackmachines. How many can you think of? Now let's think of who here owned/own blackmachines: Misha, Nolly, Quinny, Reidar, Francisco, Fred, Alain, SteveK, and a number of other guys I don't really know by name but see on FB and frequent here. SSO is practically the entire blackmachine market.

Look at how many people comment on vintage 'Burst prices and how ridiculously high they are, going on about how they would never pay that and they're not worth it, etc etc. You really think you're effecting the market? It's come up as an example in this very thread. Do you think Joe Bonamassa, Billy Gibbons, Jimmy Page, Mark Knopfler, Joe Perry, Slash, etc etc etc care about what you think of burst prices?

This is just silly. A blackmachine isn't --the most iconic guitar ever made, inspiring an entire generation of blues,rock guitar players, in the hands of artists that even your mom would know by name. The only thing that share is value inflation from rarity and association with notable artists, except in the case of blackmachine, it's entirely within the subgenre of prog metal, and all example artists have moved on to other instruments already.

You

þ
Reaction score
All of you are actually GIVING blackmachine hype by discussing and arguing about its price and quality.

narad

Reaction score
All of you are actually GIVING blackmachine hype by discussing and arguing about its price and quality.

I think it's negative hype when the two most outspoken participants in the thread are revealed to be blackmachine owners pretending to be guys "wishing they could afford one". You don't have to try to deceive people like that when there's actually a good market for the instrument you're selling.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score

Thats always how its been, look at threads from nearly 9 years ago on various forums. Always the same discussion about price and quality.

Ziricote

Reaction score
ok Im very lost on this thread now I dont get it :scratch:

I just want to know how many B2 are made because I hear different stories. Someone say over 50+ made but why I only see two for sale in one whole year then? If prices go low then why dont people sell when they can? I am very confused on this this guitars and this threads with so many different opinions. Its weird

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
"All of you are actually GIVING blackmachine hype by discussing and arguing about its price and quality."

No we're not...we're discussing the phenomenon, that's all. This leads to more truth and correct information and less rumor. Hide it and restrict it and it get's worse.

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
Dude, there aren't many blackmachines. How many can you think of? Now let's think of who here owned/own blackmachines: Misha, Nolly, Quinny, Reidar, Francisco, Fred, Alain, SteveK, and a number of other guys I don't really know by name but see on FB and frequent here. SSO is practically the entire blackmachine market.

This is just silly. A blackmachine isn't --the most iconic guitar ever made, inspiring an entire generation of blues,rock guitar players, in the hands of artists that even your mom would know by name. The only thing that share is value inflation from rarity and association with notable artists, except in the case of blackmachine, it's entirely within the subgenre of prog metal, and all example artists have moved on to other instruments already.

You don't even understand what I wrote...dude.:wallbash: Btw, you are the most outspoken participant in this thread.

narad

Reaction score
You don't even understand what I wrote...dude.:wallbash: Btw, you are the most outspoken participant in this thread.

You compared the inability of people commenting about burst prices to effect burst prices, which are desired world wide, probably the #1 most desired guitar with a huge number of reasons for their appeal, and the outcome of a 60 year ramp-up, most sought after by guys close to retirement with tons of cash

to

The inability of people commenting in this forum on blackmachine prices to effect blackmachine prices, which are desired forum-wide, on this forum -- exactly where they were first promoted and hyped up, in a niche genre, largely desired by Periphery fans.

So whatever man.

Rawkmann

Reaction score
The inability of people commenting in this forum on blackmachine prices to effect blackmachine prices, which are desired forum-wide, on this forum -- exactly where they were first promoted and hyped up, in a niche genre, largely desired by Periphery fans.

So whatever man.

I'm almost certain that I wouldn't have any idea what a Blackmachine is if I wasn't a member on these forums.

Even so, they don't hold any appeal to me personally. If I had that much coin I'd pick out a Suhr, Anderson, PRS, and Vigier, and just buy one of each.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I'm surprised there's still this mystique around the brand, they do not have any unique tonal qualities that 16k+ can't achieve with any other high end guitar. Sorry, no amount of mystery chambering will validate that claim they are priced this way because of owners gradually pushing up the listing price of their guitars, and the curious caving to try these things.

Playability can be replicated, similar neck shape, setup can all be achieved on just about any guitar you want. There is no proof out there comparing Blackmachines to other guitars to substantiate that they sound better, it's all just people spreading around information with no verifiable source. The Blackmachines I have owned/played were great, they're solid guitars but not anywhere near better than my Suhrs/Blackwaters/Mayones.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
I think it's negative hype when the two most outspoken participants in the thread are revealed to be blackmachine owners pretending to be guys "wishing they could afford one". You don't have to try to deceive people like that when there's actually a good market for the instrument you're selling.

I wish I could be one of those assholes right now.

:lol:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a free market. If somebody wants to list a BM for $20k, they are free to do so. Also, I have a really rare 1992 Schwinn Sidewinder Bicycle that can be yours for only $15k, but I'm accepting offers. :lol:

Maniacal

Reaction score
I would never sell my Black Machines. I know how much doing so (for a huge profit) pisses Doug off.

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
These threads are hilarious. If I had any of these guitars I would sell them in a heartbeat and cash in before it's too late. The Blackmachine name will be all but forgotten in a decade or two, and probably far sooner.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
These threads are hilarious. If I had any of these guitars I would sell them in a heartbeat and cash in before it's too late. The Blackmachine name will be all but forgotten in a decade or two, and probably far sooner.

Just like Manson guitars in the 1990's. :2c:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score

Not a chance. People were saying BM would be forgotten years ago and the prices have quadrupled since then with 1000+ clones made across the world every year. The open market for older builds may have dropped but interest in Doug's direct builds is still there and newer second builds are still selling for crazy amounts.

I just want to know how many B2 are made because I hear different stories. Someone say over 50+ made but why I only see two for sale in one whole year then?

I did a rough count a while ago, I'll see if I can dig it up.

"Doug started building B2s over ten years ago so there could be 50 +. Since he builds mostly for friends it means pics of most Blackmachines are never put up on the net so its immposible to know.

There are roughly 10-15 B7s, 5 B8s and 5 FF8s."

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Not a chance. People were saying BM would be forgotten years ago and the prices have quadrupled since then with 1000+ clones made across the world every year. The open market for older builds may have dropped but interest in Doug's direct builds is still there and newer second builds are still selling for crazy amounts.

I did a rough count a while ago, I'll see if I can dig it up.

"Doug started building B2s over ten years ago so there could be 50 +. Since he builds mostly for friends it means pics of most Blackmachines are never put up on the net so its immposible to know.

There are roughly 10-15 B7s, 5 B8s and 5 FF8s."

1000+ every year?!

')