Blackmachine style build run - feeler

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Not a long shot at all! Our builder put the option in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Lots of great headstock designs are coming out from each of the run's participants. Some seriously metal looking ones being done by Alcoholocaust.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, we have wood.

DEA2BEED_zps305115cf.jpg

Walterson

Reaction score
Haha, an Ormsby "Hypemachine"-Run... :lol:

We need many pics in here!

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Glad you liked the name. I was writing up the list of participants and it just came to mind. That's not to say there's no truth behind the real thing.

There will be lots of cool stuff to come. Unfortunately, the builds don't start until mid-year but they'll come along quite fast.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
OK. We're officially down to 1 last spot.

These guitars are being built by Perry Ormsby of Ormsby Guitars. In case you're not aware, Ormsby recently sold out of his 10th anniversary builds in 2 days. There were 10 guitars on offer and the prices ranged from $6500 right up to ~$11000. The most expensive ones sold very quickly. I am very grateful of the fact that Perry is willing to do this mini-run as well this year.

The base specs are as follows:
Swamp Ash Body
Three piece laminate Rock Maple neck with ebony veneers between laminations
Rosewood or Ebony fretboard, with matching headstock face plate
Stainless steel frets
Mother of Pearl side dots
Machine screw and neck inserts
Regular Strat hardtail (as original), or custom machined Ormsby bridge
Sperzel or Gotoh or Grover machineheads
Bone or Graphtec nut
Ivoroid Logo
Dunlop recessed straplocks
500k pots with user adjustable treble bleed circuit
Oiled finish
Black moulded hard case
$2600 AUD

There is also the option to have a 7 or 8 string, as well as an extensive list of upgrades for woods, hardware, binding, custom wound pickups by Ormsby and other very pleasing custom options.

As it stands, we are offering the following 3 headstocks.

598960_10151347387518037_2034319810_n_zps1251d0da.jpg

We have a Facebook group setup and we're discussing a lot of options, pickup winds, wood combos and the usual guitar whore rubbish.
I will be flying to Perth during the majority of the build period in order to check on progress and supply participants with updates. Perry and I are both too well aware of some other run's (with other builders, not Ormsby) issues so we want to keep everyone's minds at ease.

The guitars will begin production next month with majority of work being done between June and July of this year. :shred:
There are 2 progress payments and then then final payment upon completion.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Yeah, all good! I wouldn't be doing this with Ormsby if that were the case.

Just so people don't miss my recent post on a new page.

OK. We're officially down to 1 last spot.

These guitars are being built by Perry Ormsby of Ormsby Guitars. In case you're not aware, Ormsby recently sold out of his 10th anniversary builds in 2 days. There were 10 guitars on offer and the prices ranged from $6500 right up to ~$11000. The most expensive ones sold very quickly. I am very grateful of the fact that Perry is willing to do this mini-run as well this year.

The base specs are as follows:
Swamp Ash Body
Three piece laminate Rock Maple neck with ebony veneers between laminations
Rosewood or Ebony fretboard, with matching headstock face plate
Stainless steel frets
Mother of Pearl side dots
Machine screw and neck inserts
Regular Strat hardtail (as original), or custom machined Ormsby bridge
Sperzel or Gotoh or Grover machineheads
Bone or Graphtec nut
Ivoroid Logo
Dunlop recessed straplocks
500k pots with user adjustable treble bleed circuit
Oiled finish
Black moulded hard case
$2600 AUD

There is also the option to have a 7 or 8 string, as well as an extensive list of upgrades for woods, hardware, binding, custom wound pickups by Ormsby and other very pleasing custom options.

As it stands, we are offering the following 3 headstocks.

598960_10151347387518037_2034319810_n_zps1251d0da.jpg

We have a Facebook group setup and we're discussing a lot of options, pickup winds, wood combos and the usual guitar whore rubbish.
I will be flying to Perth during the majority of the build period in order to check on progress and supply participants with updates. Perry and I are both too well aware of some other run's (with other builders, not Ormsby) issues so we want to keep everyone's minds at ease.

The guitars will begin production next month with majority of work being done between June and July of this year. :shred:
There are 2 progress payments and then then final payment upon completion.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
5 of 6 deposits have now been placed.
-Black limba has been offered as a body option.
-7 strings will feature a 27" scale
-black binding is now on offer
-got a style of custom pickup in mind? Ormsby is happy to help.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Ladies & Gents, this run has OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT!

Thank you to all those who have expressed interest.
However, the biggest thanks goes out to all the dudes who have put their support behind the Ormsby brand and signed up for the run. Looking back on my original post, it pleases me that we've really crafted something unique and have expanded our options for specs well beyond a basic B6 style. I can't wait to see all these exotic tops, fretboards, pickup combos and every other custom spec come to life. Bring on July!

Special thanks to these forumites:
-Alcoholocaust (Shaun of Sensory Amusia) Can't wait to hear Ormsby's and DAR collide!
-DaddleCecapitation
-Leonardo7
-Vicious7
-WiseSplinter
-Qweklain

Timeline for construction:
March: Deposits paid $500
March: Body and neck timbers reserved
April: Laminate neck blanks
April: Fretboards, headplates and pickup parts reserved
May: Payment of $750 (early to mid May)
June: Production starts
July: Guitars shipped and final payment due

Expect LOTS of photos and videos. I'm hoping to get my mate from Matsu Photography down to do some pro shots too.

Massive thanks goes out to Perry Ormsby during your 10th anniversary year!

Qweklain

Reaction score
I am so glad I jumped into this thread and saw the one spot left. So I had to snatch that last spot!

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Congrats to all who got in and thanks again to Mat for humoring me despite my having backed out.

However, I just wanted to ask; was the original headstock going to have been an option at all? That would definitely have been a deal breaker for me and I'd thought that was to be the intent of the run...?

Edit: Asking as it will hopefully soothe the decision to pass in my mind...:lol:

')