Blackmachine style build run - feeler

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I understand that Blackmachine copies are a controversial topic and opinions vary a lot regarding how appropriate it is to make them. I would appreciate it if you could keep any negative comments & opinions out of this thread. Thank you.

So, lately I’ve had an itch for a Blackmachine B6 styled guitar, despite previously thinking they’re a little bland. I’ve been speaking to a luthier recently about how viable it would be to do a run of B6 style guitars. I say ‘style’ because I would like to avoid using the Blackmachine metal plate on the back and use some slightly different hardware. Obviously the guitar would still be ~95% similar to the original.
Pricing would be based upon interest for the run (6 people?) and there’s a possibility of getting 7-string versions made up in the B6 style. The specs would be quite strict so as to keep the price and build time down. However, I’d like to try and have flexibility with:
-Hardware (choice of tuners (hipshot, sperzel, other?), bridge (hipshot, standard, other?)
-Body binding
-Ebony or Rosewood board
-Some flexibility with pickups
-Scale length in the case of 7-string versions i.e. 27”
-Stainless steel frets

I can’t confirm anything regarding pricing at this point in time. For those of you looking for a bargain basement priced copy, this probably won’t be the case although it will be fairly priced I’m sure.
If you’ve any interest in this, particularly in Australia (this would reduce postage costs), then send me a PM.

Thanks for reading.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
The real BM will be putting out b6's for only 2200 squiggles each soon btw; thats not an unreasonable price and not too far from what you'd pay paying for a copy anyways.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Really?
Well, that's some good info to have. Thanks.

Edit: I will still be pursuing this build run if there's interest.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I might be interested, though are you looking for a luthier in your country or somewhere else?

Edit: Just reread your post...and PM'd.

Last edited:

blanco

Reaction score
But was Stealth's squiggles already in dollar or pounds, well have to wait and see.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
I've had a good lot of enquiries from people regarding this potential build.
I'll hopefully be getting some more details in the next day or so regarding some other options, build time and costs.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
For those who are keen, expect a message from me within the next few hours regarding pricing and options.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
A couple of curious Aussies have been given info and Watty as well. Other guys, ill send it to you soon, just waiting for some feedback from a few guys.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
All requests have been responded to. A few added options have been included. ;)

Reaction score
News from Blackmachine - there are some more B6s being pushed through.

You will need to speak with Doug to get on the list and if you have previously done so renew your interest.
Doug asked me to get involved and lend a hand to help things along - but all discussions will need to be with him.

I have only jumped in here because I hate to see people turning to third parties to get a copy made rather than get a real one.

Now remember these things are carefully built and are not stamped out with a cookie cutter, so whilst Doug is aiming to get maybe a couple more out each month, don't expect lots to be available

I recently photographed this about to go out to a happy home and there will be more coming through the works, but drop Doug a line as he's in charge

blackmachineB6-303_zpsbaf09dfd.jpg

blackmachineB6-315_zps51234fcc.jpg

blackmachineB6-305_zps17832c6b.jpg

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Appreciate you posting this, but the other thing to consider is the exchange rate. The luthier involved in this run happens to be in the OP's country, which means that the US dollar actually goes about the same distance.

Regardless of that aspect being appealing to say the least, do you have any formal insight on pricing for the ones Doug will be putting out and whether or not he'll be personally fielding each request liable to come through as a result of what you just revealed? I realize that there's lots of folks asking after these that can't really afford one and that necessarily precludes Doug from answering each one with a personal touch, but I've inquired twice with cash ready to go (not that he knew that) and did not receive any reply in either case.

Last edited:

Latest posts

')