Blackmachine website up

• Thread starter Goober
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cvinos

Banned
Reaction score
I am waiting to get mine. Patience. In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. :bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kayzer

Reaction score
How do i exactly order a Blackmachine and what are the pricings, i tried to email them but i allways get a MAILER DEAMON back... ;-((((

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How do i exactly order a Blackmachine and what are the pricings, i tried to email them but i allways get a MAILER DEAMON back... ;-((((

You could start by actually reading the thread you're posting to... from earlier in the thread:

I got a reply from him yesterday. Took some months!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me.

Here is some information for guitars with ebony top:-

£ GBP
B2 2100
B6 1400
B7 2300
8 2500
F8 2800

Delivery and case approximately 160

Please note neck thru is not available

I regret I am unable to accept orders at this time, there will be a note on the site when this is possible, this is because wait times are 1-2 years, they are still entirely handmade.

Doug.

That was from 8/11, so no he's not taking orders. There are also many excellent custom builders and some high end production guitars that are just as good as BM.

Kayzer

Reaction score
I Read that but as Said its from 8/11, the prices could went up and i tried to Email him 3 Times and got every Mail back As Not able to deliver...

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I Read that but as Said its from 8/11, the prices could went up and i tried to Email him 3 Times and got every Mail back As Not able to deliver...

yes, I wanted to send some pictures to Doug last day and I had the same problem, but I did give him a phone call last day and told him about this e-mail issue :yesway:

Reaction score
Very nice work on the website design, simple and directly to the subject, no blablabla :yesway:

Much like his guitars, no? :)

Sucks he isn't taking orders. The Blackdroid/Blackmachine thread in the ERG forum inspired me to have one of each haha. I used to hate that BM headstock, but it is slowly growing on me.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Much like his guitars, no? :)

Sucks he isn't taking orders. The Blackdroid/Blackmachine thread in the ERG forum inspired me to have one of each haha. I used to hate that BM headstock, but it is slowly growing on me.

Doug does some fantastic work

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score

glad to know nothing has changed :lol: his e-mail has done that for about a year and a half now. not hearing from him is normal. I had a deposit in from the guitar and he answered maybe 1 in 5 e-mails, with one sentence replies that did not address my questions.

awful customer service IMO. sold my deposit because I was sick of it.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
glad to know nothing has changed :lol: his e-mail has done that for about a year and a half now. not hearing from him is normal. I had a deposit in from the guitar and he answered maybe 1 in 5 e-mails, with one sentence replies that did not address my questions.

awful customer service IMO. sold my deposit because I was sick of it.

You sold your deposit? As in, someone paid you $500 or whatever for your build slot and sent their own specs to Doug? His customer service sounds pretty appalling from what I'm hearing, I understand his work is fantastic, but 2 years is far more than anyone should have to wait for an instrument, even Fodera don't have a 2 year waiting list, and in that price range I'd expect top notch customer service, with proper responses at the very least. I think if I ever go custom it will certainly be with Oni.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
You sold your deposit? As in, someone paid you $500 or whatever for your build slot and sent their own specs to Doug? His customer service sounds pretty appalling from what I'm hearing, I understand his work is fantastic, but 2 years is far more than anyone should have to wait for an instrument, even Fodera don't have a 2 year waiting list, and in that price range I'd expect top notch customer service, with proper responses at the very least. I think if I ever go custom it will certainly be with Oni.

it was way more than $500 for my build slot. And yeah, one of nolly's students who lived in the UK bought it from me. Loved blackmachines ever since I first saw one.. but I will never buy one from Doug, ever. If one springs up used and I have the cash I will snap it up.. but my blackmachine money went first to an Axe FX, which I sold, and now to a Sherman, which hopefully will be done really soon :)

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
I think that it was 500GBP....

And, while Doug's a really nice guy, he does have issues with e-mail as a method of communication!

I want a Sherman too. :(

trig

Reaction score
Didn't read through all of the thread - sorry if this is a repost already.

Anyway, the mails that bounce back actually make it to his mailbox - at least mine did. Every single mail came back, but some also got a reply from him ;)

')