Blackmachine website up

• Thread starter Goober
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Doug isn't making fanned 7s, then? Bah. :(

That aside, those are some seriously beautiful instruments. :bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Yes, I've been waiting forever for the site to be up! Now only if I had the money to throw down on a Blackmachine.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Aye, i hear that :lol:

If only i, too, had the money to spend on a Blackmachine... and the 3 Oni guitars i have planned in my head... and the 2 shermans... and the Daemoness... :ugh:

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
^ Aye, i hear that :lol:

If only i, too, had the money to spend on a Blackmachine... and the 3 Oni guitars i have planned in my head... and the 2 shermans... and the Daemoness... :ugh:

Yeah. I think when I get a solid full-time job and not a "freelance" thing as I call it, I'm going to save up for a BM or for a build of my own. Either way, somewhere down the line I'll have a BM and a hand-built guitar that I'll build myself. But first, before I have either of those I shall get an Engl Powerball.

Andrew_B

Reaction score

bahahahaha :lol: wishful thinking right there

Yen

Reaction score
Im almost, ALMOST 100% convinced to get an F8 as my next machine now....so beautiful!
I'm on the waiting list and I'm thinking of going for the fanned 8 instead of my regular 8 (the B8 on the website is mine). I've no idea how I'll adjust to the fanned frets though.

Diezel_FW

Reaction score
I'm on the waiting list and I'm thinking of going for the fanned 8 instead of my regular 8 (the B8 on the website is mine). I've no idea how I'll adjust to the fanned frets though.

Same here. Although I have a 2004 solid black B2 instead. Im fairly high on the list and just unsure what to get...I want one of each to be honest :squint:

Trev

Reaction score
The fingerboard on the B8 is giving me a crippling GAS attack; and the spalt on the F8 is like :bowdown:

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
The new site looks great, and Doug's stuff is as GAS-inducing as ever, judging from the pics there. :wub:

EDIT: I'd like an 8-string with a 25 1/2" scale length, though, since I usually don't use the low F# and prefer a high G or A.

Goober

Reaction score
Some of the pics show guitars that do not match the description. The table lists the standard wood combinations. However because of customers anxious to receive their new axe there is not always time for Doug to take then across London to get them photographed. So for now 'special' guitars appear in some of the pics, however the table lists the standard combinations. This will change as and when there is time to shoot guitars before they go out :)

Martin

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Some pretty poor wording on the 7 string page, a 7 string that plays "almost as well as a 6"? With none of the "Clumsiness"? Imo, I have a hard time find a 6 string that plays "almost" as well as a 7.

Default_M

Reaction score
It may have meant as well as the 6 string Blackmachines, but still, it's very subjective. I prefer the way my 7 string RG plays to my 6 for example.
Either way, just cos it says that I doubt it's going to stop anyone from buying a 7. If someone wants a 7 then they'll buy one regardless IMO.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
you need some copy on the home page (non image) for google love

Looking great tho

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
EDIT: I'd like an 8-string with a 25 1/2" scale length, though, since I usually don't use the low F# and prefer a high G or A.

You could always opt for the fanned, then buy a high G/A string from Octave4plus.com. Granted, I'm sure even if you put the cash down now, that would be a NGD thread we wouldn't see for a long time :lol:

')