Blackmachine website up

• Thread starter Goober
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
I want to get a b7 and just rub my face on it!!!

Seriously though, wtf, those guitars are sick.

The word "guitargasm" comes to mind :lol:

5155mk.png

Scootman1911

Reaction score
The site looks good! Can't wait to see it finished with some more pictures though.
One day I will own a Blackmachine

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
The B7 write up lists the top as Ebony. Don't think that's right... looks like burl to me...

Aye, it's my somewhat exotic smelling Camphor burl B7. Jonathan from Feline Guitars is very good at taking photos! :cool: The 7 and the 8s are exhibition pieces, but the B2 is a pretty good example.

As for the comments about getting more business, to tell the truth Doug's already got a fairly long waiting list!

Yen

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the situation with ordering a B6 is, weren't they supposed to be available to order rather than having to get a place on the waiting list?

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
AFAIK no production run yet. The first run was a test/prototype situation, not sure when any further will be available. I assume this'll be announce on the site.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
You could always opt for the fanned, then buy a high G/A string from Octave4plus.com. Granted, I'm sure even if you put the cash down now, that would be a NGD thread we wouldn't see for a long time :lol:

How true! :lol:

I think I'll check the Agile stuff in the mean time. One thing is certain, though: my small hands can't cope with scales from 27", so I hope they are flexible enough to make one with a "standard" scale length. :)

Wiz

Reaction score
Does anybody know what's happening with Blackmachine these days? I think they might have space for orders now, so I was thinking of getting an axe from them.

Damn custom fees are going to be terrible..

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Does anybody know what's happening with Blackmachine these days? I think they might have space for orders now, so I was thinking of getting an axe from them.

Damn custom fees are going to be terrible..

I think Doug isn't taking orders right now, plus even if he was there's a chance that you wouldn't have the guitar until a year or two from now.

Wiz

Reaction score
I think Doug isn't taking orders right now, plus even if he was there's a chance that you wouldn't have the guitar until a year or two from now.

Mind if I cry on your shoulder? :(

But srsly, is there anything as good as a BM (heh BM) out there for the kind of genres we 7ers tend to favor?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got a reply from him yesterday. Took some months!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me.

Here is some information for guitars with ebony top:-

£ GBP
B2 2100
B6 1400
B7 2300
8 2500
F8 2800

Delivery and case approximately 160

Please note neck thru is not available

I regret I am unable to accept orders at this time, there will be a note on the site when this is possible, this is because wait times are 1-2 years, they are still entirely handmade.

Doug.

That was from 8/11, so no he's not taking orders. There are also many excellent custom builders and some high end production guitars that are just as good as BM.

Wiz

Reaction score
That was from 8/11, so no he's not taking orders. There are also many excellent custom builders and some high end production guitars that are just as good as BM.

Well see the thing I like about Blackmachine is that he has these already pre-defined models that dominate. I'd go full custom, but I have no idea what kind of shape/materials I'd want to use, maybe the woods will sound bad together for whatever reason!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly if you don't know what you want then you shouldn't be dropping $3k+ on a guitar to begin with :2c:

Wiz

Reaction score
Honestly if you don't know what you want then you shouldn't be dropping $3k+ on a guitar to begin with :2c:

So you're telling me that you would know exactly what a guitar will sound like based on the shape and woods that you specify? Not saying that's impossible, but it sounds impressive to me.

Reaction score
.... LMFAO, wtf is the point, then? Not to mention, it's bolt on. :noway::noway:

To add to "excellent custom builders", Gutierrez Guitars seem effin SWEET! However, he isn't doing "customs" really ATM, just designs/etc. that're "available" I do believe.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
you should definitely research alot before submitting specs for a custom guitar. either that, or tell your luthier what you´re after, and have him select it for you.

i´ve been gathering tons and tons of info and specs for a custom bass i´m having made, and i´ve seriously thought of everything on the whole instrument. i ended up submitting one helluva list of specs to the guy, so he´s making it by my list of wants. if i didn´t know how to get what i was after, i would´ve told the guy what i was imagining in my head as far as tone and feel goes, and have him choose for me. any good luthier should be able to do good decisions for you :)

.... LMFAO, wtf is the point, then? Not to mention, it's bolt on. :noway::noway:

...and dissing bolt-on neck joints won´t fly here. a bolt-on construction is in no way worse in quality than other construction methods. that logic might apply for low-end guitars, where the neck pocket might not be tight and centred, but on a high-end hand-made guitar, that will never be the case. if the neck pocket is totally tight-fitting, and you can lift the guitar by the neck without the screws in, then that neck-joint will rule your ass :D

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score

To add to "excellent custom builders", Gutierrez Guitars seem effin SWEET! However, he isn't doing "customs" really ATM, just designs/etc. that're "available" I do believe.

High quality guitars take a long to build=fact
Bolt-on are no less valuable/toneful than other forms of neck construction=fact

Now whether or not a 2 year wait is worth it to you is a different story, I wouldn't do it even though I love the looks of his guitars.

Reaction score
I don't like the look or tone of bolt ons, plus they irritate me tuning wise [mainly because everyone of them no matter how tight [or expensive for that matter] the neck joint is, the thing still goes flat when you lean forward], wanna fight about it? :lol:

bulb

Reaction score
I don't like the look or tone of bolt ons, plus they irritate me tuning wise [mainly because everyone of them no matter how tight [or expensive for that matter] the neck joint is, the thing still goes flat when you lean forward], wanna fight about it? :lol:

sorry to burst your bubble, but my neck thrus do the same, and have less sustain as well

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So you're telling me that you would know exactly what a guitar will sound like based on the shape and woods that you specify? Not saying that's impossible, but it sounds impressive to me.

Exactly? No, nobody can since every piece of wood will sound different. I know the general tonal properties of a lot of woods though. A good luthier will also generally tell you if something you want isn't going to work unless you've been an ass about the process.

')