Blackout issues

• Thread starter N-j
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

N-j

B.T.K
Reaction score
i've recently purchased a peavey jsx head and all was good, until i plugged my custom S7 into it which has SD blackouts. it sounds great! apart from, im getting constant feedback no matter where i stand or at what volume i set the amp at.

to test it was not me being a moron with settings, i plugged in my fm408 which has emg's in it, and i had no issue at all, at any volume. i also plugged in my UV which has dimazios and had no issue with that either.

so, are the blackouts in my S7 causing this issue? if so, how do i remedy it?

i never had this issue using it through my X3 live into a marshall.

old setup: Guitar---X3---Marshall (fx return)

New setup: Guitar---JSX---X3(on fx loop)

oh, and the feedback happens without the fx loop active as well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Checked the wiring?
If anything, my Blackouts are even more resistant to feedback than EMGs.

I_infect

Reaction score
How close are the strings to the pickups? The Blackouts aren't string grounded are they? I know some diagrams show to have them grounded, yet it is recommended for actives NOT to ground. The feedback just makes me think too much gain, i.e. too close to strings... also how's the battery... new or fading out? Sometimes trems will make this happen as well as the springs resonate. Maybe try some foam in the cavity?

N-j

B.T.K
Reaction score
Checked the wiring?
If anything, my Blackouts are even more resistant to feedback than EMGs.

ill check it.

How close are the strings to the pickups? The Blackouts aren't string grounded are they? I know some diagrams show to have them grounded, yet it is recommended for actives NOT to ground. The feedback just makes me think too much gain, i.e. too close to strings... also how's the battery... new or fading out? Sometimes trems will make this happen as well as the springs resonate. Maybe try some foam in the cavity?

i moved the pickups much further away from the strings, still the same, battery is about a week old, but i will change it just in case. and will try the foam trick.

thanks guys

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't think of grounding, good point. +1 to checking for grounding.
If you see a ground wire, remove that shit immediately

N-j

B.T.K
Reaction score
will do ;)

yeah there was a ground wire, its been removed. wont be able to tell if thats done the trick until i go back to the studio tomorrow.

')