Blackstar Amps

• Thread starter GPDUSA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GPDUSA

Reaction score
We just got the whole line in, and I gotta say... they're amazing! Being a hardcore Marshall guy it's great that the old Marshall guys are making these, you can really tell the work they've put in to make an extremely versatile, great sounding amp. You gotta check 'em out...

Blackstar by GPDUSA.COM

Would love to hear any feedback from current Blackstar owners too, these amps are really creating quite a buzz in the industry right now...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Owned a Blackstar HT5 Combo and loved it. A Tung-Sol 12AX7 upgrade made it even better. Tones galore.

Also had an HT-Boost and it was good stuff.

Also played an HT20 and that will probably be my next amp purchase.

I've been really impressed with them as a new company. Now if they could just make a low wattage 6V6 based take on the Studio 20 with a graphic EQ they'd be golden.

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
Am new to amps, and have been looking at the blackstar range in particular. Although I am still unsure which to go for (the ht1 or ht5) it seems as though the ht5 has more knobs to play with but would understandably be louder than the ht1.... it is only for bedroom practice and I mainly play blues/heavy rock so any input here is very much welcome lol

Mordacain

Reaction score
Am new to amps, and have been looking at the blackstar range in particular. Although I am still unsure which to go for (the ht1 or ht5) it seems as though the ht5 has more knobs to play with but would understandably be louder than the ht1.... it is only for bedroom practice and I mainly play blues/heavy rock so any input here is very much welcome lol

There is no HT-1. The HT5 is godly for bedroom practice, though I'd get the head and a 1x12 or 2x12 (the 10" in the combo was a bit anemic for the 7 for my taste, still quite good though).

If you're going for something you can gig and have for bedroom levels, look at the HT-20. I like the Jet City JCA20S as well, but the HT20 has more features and more gain (and some I can't live without like two channels and an effects loop).

Mordacain

Reaction score

Whoops, my bad. I was just on Blackstar's website and they hadn't listed it there yet (I just checked again and don't see it) and I had missed the news. Thanks for the link...got something new to GAS on.:wallbash:

Apologies for being mis-informative.

To Lord E: most of Blackstar's line should be available to try at your local store, though and the prices are pretty consistent, tho you can save a bit on them used.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Is it bad I want to try both the HT-1 and the Series 1 200? :lol:

I owned an HT-5. Seriously miss that little amp... not a bad sound out of it.

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Mordacain :)
My local guitar shop said they WILL be stocking Blackstar amps, but they do not know when o_O
Can't wait to try these out though!

Mordacain

Reaction score
I'm pretty psyched for the HT1 now...found lots of clips demo'ing it and it looks like it would be a sweet little rig...granted I have a strange lust for small amps that I can't quite explain.

btsdaniel

Reaction score
My bands endorsed by Blackstar and i gotta say (including messa) the blackstar series one is by far the best amp for metal that i've ever played. Absolutely stunning heads!!!

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
does anyone know how the ht stage head does for total br00talz?

btsdaniel

Reaction score
ht heads are not really metal heads dude, go for series one for really heavy stuff

Mordacain

Reaction score
My HT5 was plenty brutal. Add an EQ in the loop and it was downright frikkin evil. The HT will put the low-down, no problem.

We're also talking about two completely different price brackets .The HT stuff is the entry level product, where the Series 1 is the mid-range and the Artisan the high-end (at least judging by the prices).

btsdaniel

Reaction score
I dont know man, i tend to try to buy an amp that doesn't need to be boosted, I've tried the whole blackstar line and for me, for metal tones at least the series one heads were by far the best. Those were based on the mesa recto heads so you can imagine the kind of tone they have. They are massive sounding heads.

Mordacain

Reaction score
I dont know man, i tend to try to buy an amp that doesn't need to be boosted, I've tried the whole blackstar line and for me, for metal tones at least the series one heads were by far the best. Those were based on the mesa recto heads so you can imagine the kind of tone they have. They are massive sounding heads.

Oh certainly, I'm not saying the Series 1 are not the sh*t. If you can't afford them though, the HT line is quite good, and a bit more versatile (more usable clean & mid-gain tones).

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
I tried a HT 20, and it done brutal tone fine, through a 1x12 cab with no boost to boot. I really wanna put one through a 4x12.. I'm nearly positive it'd be crushing.

I want one.

Mordacain

Reaction score
Yea, personally I found the HT20 to sound a bit heavier than the 40 or 60. Not sure if it was just a bit more simple design in the EQ that did it, but its the heaviest EL34 sound I've ever heard and definitely think its my next amp purchase (if I can figure out a way to thwart all the damn RF in my area).

GPDUSA

Reaction score
Whoops, my bad. I was just on Blackstar's website and they hadn't listed it there yet (I just checked again and don't see it) and I had missed the news. Thanks for the link...got something new to GAS on.:wallbash:

Apologies for being mis-informative.

To Lord E: most of Blackstar's line should be available to try at your local store, though and the prices are pretty consistent, tho you can save a bit on them used.

Unfortunately most GC's and Sam Ash's aren't carrying anywhere near the full line right now, most only have the HT-5. It's been a big let down to many who have never tried these but are hearing great things. Now I realize only So Cal residents will have this opportunity, but we are in Agoura Hills, CA, open to the public and have a Blackstar showroom with the whole line in stock. Anyone nearby is more then welcome to come and crank on these to test them out. If you'd like to set an appointment PM me or send an email to:

Jared@gpdusa.com

We'd love to see you here!

')