Blackstar Amps

• Thread starter GPDUSA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GPDUSA

Reaction score
ht heads are not really metal heads dude, go for series one for really heavy stuff

Agreed, but the Stage 100 gives a great Plexi-tone. Also has a more traditional look with a flat front like a Marshall. My personal fav as I'm a plexi guy. Dead on about the Series One's, they're perfect for metal!

GPDUSA

Reaction score
I dont know man, i tend to try to buy an amp that doesn't need to be boosted, I've tried the whole blackstar line and for me, for metal tones at least the series one heads were by far the best. Those were based on the mesa recto heads so you can imagine the kind of tone they have. They are massive sounding heads.

We've outfitted our Series One 200 with Russian-made PM KT88's, brought out even more life to the amp and really increased the low-end. We have a stock model right next to that one too so it makes for a great A-B comparison. Check out the PM Tubes here:

PM-KT88-PAIR - Power amp tubes by GPDUSA.COM

GPDUSA

Reaction score
Am new to amps, and have been looking at the blackstar range in particular. Although I am still unsure which to go for (the ht1 or ht5) it seems as though the ht5 has more knobs to play with but would understandably be louder than the ht1.... it is only for bedroom practice and I mainly play blues/heavy rock so any input here is very much welcome lol

Thanks for the reply Mordacain :)
My local guitar shop said they WILL be stocking Blackstar amps, but they do not know when o_O
Can't wait to try these out though!

Looking for a new distortion pedal and those blackstars are tempting.:hbang:

We ship ALL Blackstar's for FREE to the Domestic U.S. and guarantee the lowest price in the country. And... they're ALWAYS in stock!

')