Blackstar HT Dual vs Tech21 Sansamp GT2

Reaction score
My local music store informed me yesterday that they have a Blackstar HT dual in stock. I played through the pedal today and felt it sounded amazing. Problem is I just bought a 7 string guitar, a Schecter Omen Active 7 moded with Seymour Duncan Blackouts, a couple of weeks back and am still very low on funds, also they only have a single unit in their collection. Since I live in India it's not that easy to come across a pedal like this.
My question is should I trade in my Tech21 Sansamp GT2 and my Boss BD 2 for this dual channel pedal or would that be something I would end up regretting?
Any advice would be appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
I'll never sell my GT-2. It's not perfect by any means, but it does one kick ass sound that I love. All the switches in the middle... used as a preamp, not a distortion pedal in front of an amps clean channel.

If you're going to trade the two pedals, you might want to grab a better clean boost pedal for the HT-dual. Something like a tubescreamer or the like. Something that will cut lows and boost mids a little.

The Blackstar stuff is great but, it needs some 'tightening' for lower tune guitars.

Reaction score
Something I forgot to mention earlier, I use the Sansamp to go straight to the mixer from my pedal board if I get the Blackstar pedal I would not play it through an amp instead I plan on running the output from the emulated output into the mixer. The sansamp is great for this job, would the HT dual be a better or a worse choice for such an use?

wakjob

Reaction score
The emulated output (4x12 sim.) on the Blackstar HT-5 amp I had sounded decent.
But there are tons of cab IR's that will sound better.
I don't think you can turn off the cab emulation in the HT-dual and use it as a direct out.
So, if you are ok with that, then go for it. They sound really good for being a pedal.

Can you swing the price without trading in the GT-2?

Recording two guitar tracks panned left/right with the HT-dual and GT-2 would sound great.

erotophonophilia

Reaction score
You WILL regret trading in the GT-2 and probably regret buying the Blackstar pedal, because they don't sound very good. Check AMT's line of simulators too.

')