Blade blend pots?

• Thread starter tpl2000
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tpl2000

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss.
Reaction score
Anyone know if these exist? I think it would be a great idea to swap out the typical 5 position blades with a blend, and just add a couple switches or push/pull pots for the coil tap and series/parallel if that sound is desired.

(I actually put a blend pot on a PRS SE semi-hollow of mine, with a pair of SD Black Winters. Sounds fantastic, and surprisingly similar to an acoustic.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go on Mouser and take a look at thier "slider" style components.

The one thing I'm unsure of is whether they make a slider that won't require routing. But if it does exist, Mouser will have it.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Would this work with a normal pot? Just have the pickups wired to the end lugs and centre to out? In my head this works but does it actually???

tpl2000

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss.
Reaction score
Would this work with a normal pot? Just have the pickups wired to the end lugs and centre to out? In my head this works but does it actually???

Blend pots exist already, but I'm referring to putting a blade version of a blend pot into a guitar, and whether or not they exist.

And for the explanation of how blend pots work...

Essentially, they're two pots in one. Each pickup is wired to a separate one (they're stacked), and the outputs of those pots are sent to the same output. The resistance is this, essentially..

1 |(res) (center) (no res)|
2 |(no res) (center) (res)|

So that on one side, pickup A has resistance but the other does not. Vice versa does apply.

')