Blaze Custom Wiring Diagram for RG7620

• Thread starter shoemaker27
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shoemaker27

Reaction score
Hi, I have a RG 7620 and I bought a Dimarzio Blaze Custom for the bridge position, where I can find the wiring diagram and wich are the differents alternatives to wire it?

Thanks!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digital Black

Reaction score
http://www.ibanez.com/wiring/wire.asp?y=1999&w=RG7620
Notice both pickups are labeled "neck"..been like this forever and it's like that on a lot of diagrams.
The bottom pip is the bridge..

** I hate giving wiring advice on forums because 1- it can be interpreted incorrectly very easily. 2- every guitar is/can be different, you never know what changes to a "stock" guitar have already been done.**
Best advice- if you can't figure it out yourself, take it to a tech..

Digital Black

Reaction score
Oh and make SURE you post a review in the top thread on this forum.
2018 views ( somebody using this to make choices) and less than 20 reviews-shameful..
35 reviews on the same pip in that same guitar is not a bad thing !! It only helps solidify it's impressions and characteristics!!

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll second Seph on his advice there and add that the green 5-way switches that come on a lot of Ibanez guitars come in several flavors. They look the same but the pinout is different.
Also, to do a tidy soldering job often requires equipment that costs more than what a tech will charge you anyway.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Agreed - aside from the fact I just suck at soldering, my POS Radio Shack iron probably isn't helping any :lol:

shoemaker27

Reaction score
Thanks Sephiroth, I've been looking the diagram, so if Im not wrong, the only thing that I have to do is replace the connections of the old pickup to the new one is it?

Thanks.!!!!

Digital Black

Reaction score
shoemaker27 said:
Thanks Sephiroth, I've been looking the diagram, so if Im not wrong, the only thing that I have to do is replace the connections of the old pickup to the new one is it?

Thanks.!!!!
As long as it was in stock condition, and you are making no changes, then yes.

Dimarizo
Red = hot output
black and white = series link
green and sheild = ground

shoemaker27

Reaction score
Thanks Septh, It works perfect!!!,
another question... the guy that sold me the RG7620 told me that the guitar has blaze II, How I know if this is true?
I have the pickup in my hand It says dimarzio USA on the back, but nothing about the model.. Any clues?
here are the images:

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
The catalogues said they had Blaze IIs for a while, but they were wrong. They're officially known as the "New7" now, and they were made specifically for the 762- series.

nabeelm

Reaction score
sorry to bring up an old thread i was checking out the wiring diagram for the 7620 and noticed both pickups labelled neck, now i read the post here saying the bottom one is the bridge pickup ,is that for sure?.It seems like the lower pickup has wires going to the neck position of the 5 way switch.I could be totally wrong i have no experience when it comes to wiring pickups.Ill be getting dimarzios(blaze custom and air norton 7) for my rg 1527 and just wanted to make sure so i dont screw it up!.Thanks

Digital Black

Reaction score
nabeelm said:
sorry to bring up an old thread i was checking out the wiring diagram for the 7620 and noticed both pickups labelled neck, now i read the post here saying the bottom one is the bridge pickup ,is that for sure?.It seems like the lower pickup has wires going to the neck position of the 5 way switch.I could be totally wrong i have no experience when it comes to wiring pickups.Ill be getting dimarzios(blaze custom and air norton 7) for my rg 1527 and just wanted to make sure so i dont screw it up!.Thanks
Yup, the bottom oneis the bridge. It's been like this for years. I've sent ibanez ans email as well as countless other people..

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
honestly...the pickups in a 7620 are dimarzio USA made...so if you match your colors up just the same as the ones in there already and COMPLETELY MOCK IT ALL...it will work...worked for me and i did a BC in the bridge of my 7620...and changed the neck as well. No real need for diagrams lol (might help in the future of course), just a good memory of where things were.

')