Blexican's Fret care thread (56K yes, wookies can operate cameras)

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Pepsi Max is sugar free and I hate smoking. I have the lungs of one who has smoked 20 a day for 4 years because I grew up around a father who would easily whittle through at least 40 a day.

He's quit now, and I've never really blamed him for it in any aggressive way. He's still the only person in the whole world I genuinely respect. :shrug:

Whisky? Sugar? :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Good for you, Stitchy. My pops passed from smoking related illness. :(

But, still made me laugh reading that. I meant fags in the other way, though. :D (Ok, not really. But it had to be said.)

Wow. Can we fuck up a Blexican thread or what?

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
What's a Blexican? Isn't this another "Stitch is gay" thread? :scratch:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Good for you, Stitchy. My pops passed from smoking related illness. :(

But, still made me laugh reading that. I meant fags in the other way, though. :D (Ok, not really. But it had to be said.)

Wow. Can we fuck up a Blexican thread or what?

Aw dude, that sucks. :hug: I'm not even going to pretend I know what your relationship was like with your father, but I'd never wish that on anyone. :(

I'm off to bed. Much workage tomorrow. :wub:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
caption180.jpg

It works every time. ;)
:rofl: such a pimp

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Totally agreed. Billy Dee is the fucking baddest. :yesway:

As for me n' my pops (he was a soda pop salesman for years. :lol:), we got along really good. I even helped my mom care for him in the 2 years he battled cancer. Shanks, Stitchy.

Blex... my apologies, bro. I think we've about nuked your thread. :lol: Oh well. You had all kinds of OT pics in the post anyway, so I guess we're just carrying on the family tradition.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, the grain on your fretboard is fucking killer. Almost makes me like rosewood fretboards.

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, dudes!

The way I see it, this thread'll come back around to being on topic someday :lol:

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
it will eventually
as jongpil said, thats a steller rosewood board.
bob, im sorry, i've been waiting on my dad to pass since i was 3, hes still here, and chairbound pretty well.
he smoked 5 packs a day for 26 years, and it ended up being some scar tissue on his heart from a childhood illness that nailed him. wierd aint it?

so
how about that on topic business?
and when you go on aobut wookie, i so imagined tall and skinny lol

Reaction score
it will eventually
as jongpil said, thats a steller rosewood board.
bob, im sorry, i've been waiting on my dad to pass since i was 3, hes still here, and chairbound pretty well.
he smoked 5 packs a day for 26 years, and it ended up being some scar tissue on his heart from a childhood illness that nailed him. wierd aint it?

so
how about that on topic business?
and when you go on aobut wookie, i so imagined tall and skinny lol

Yeah sorry I didn't deliver on the skinny part :lol:
I have a large frame too, so even if I were to lose 100 pounds, I'd look roughly the same. That, coupled with my ability to grow a full beard in 24 hours (I just shaved yesterday and I feel mad stubble already), and you're damn close to a wookie.

As far as the smoking thing goes, I had to deal with both of my parents smoking up until maybe 3 years ago or so. Now my dad's the only one who does, but I only see him once a week, no biggie. Surprisingly enough, I turned out ok, and surprise many a bewildered jock when I catch a pass and run it in for a touchdown.

But yeah, the next picstory I do on this guitar will hopefully be for a bridge pup change, and I've got my eyes set on an Evo. :metal:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
The EVO seems to be the pickup of choice, lately. I'm jonesing for one myself, but I'm holding out that my beloved custom D Sonic 7 will slay when I put an Alnico 8 in that beotch.

Reaction score
The EVO seems to be the pickup of choice, lately. I'm jonesing for one myself, but I'm holding out that my beloved custom D Sonic 7 will slay when I put an Alnico 8 in that beotch.

Sounds slurpalicious. Only thing that concerns me about the D-sonic is the hum. How bad is it?

I like the tone of the Evo, and I figured since my axe is Basswood, it would suit it well. The stock pickups in it are :noway:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds slurpalicious. Only thing that concerns me about the D-sonic is the hum. How bad is it?

I like the tone of the Evo, and I figured since my axe is Basswood, it would suit it well. The stock pickups in it are :noway:

My custom DS7 has no hum. Zero. Zippo. (My stock DS7 hums, however, around electrical shit.)

It's part of why Steve made it for me. It also has no bar... just allen polepieces. It sounds a bit fuller than a normal DS7, too. Same overall vibe and tonality, but a bit more 'growl' and clarity.

Really, it was perfect with a ceramic mag. I just have this... thing... against ceramic magnets. I can hear them, crazy as it seems.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I rather like ceramic magnets myself. :shrug: I know people say they're sterile and lack character, which can be true, but for some reason they sound a lot warmer and just plain nicer in DiMarzio pickups. I heart my Blaze Custom.

')