Blocked Lo-Pro Edge vs Gibraltar Bridge

Should I go for the Lo-Pro edge or Gibraltar variant?

• Lo-Pro Edge

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Gibraltar

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Byle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
if you are going for a true hardtail feel, a blocked floyd still wont compare to a true hardtail

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Byle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hardtail feel? Do tell, serious curiosity
like if he wants a hardtail guitar , but he is getting a floyd and blocking it instead. if he really wants a hardtail, get one. i learned that the hard way

Ross82

Reaction score
A Tremol-No is good enough as a hardtail in my experience. I have one on my Caparison and it doesn't budge once locked. I check the lock screws when I do periodic servicing but I cant say as I've noticed them backing out. I'd say its bone stupid to replace a Trem guitar for a fixed if that is the only issue. Assuming you connect with the guitar and it plays well, just slap a Trem-stop or Tremol-No in and you're good.

For years the majority of my guitars were Floyd equipped and almost all blocked off. I was just used to Floyd bridges but I like to change tunings so the easiest thing was to block them. Makes way more sense than pitching an entire guitar for another that you may or may not like, just to have a hard tail. Having said all that, these days when buying a new guitar, depending on what I need at the time its either a Floyd or a Hipshot.

')