Bloodmeat Cover! - finally...

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
EDIT: I had to upload a new version because youtube was being weird. I also took the time to lower the volume of the backing track.

---

Yeah. I made a few small probably noticeable mistakes, but it is what it is. I kinda want to try it again now :lol:

At any rate...

:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marginal

Liquid Is Djent
Reaction score
Great playing man. Love the cover. And I heard no mistakes:lol:. Way to go!

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
WTF! Something on youtube went wrong, and now I have to upload the video again. And it took about 4 hours to show up last time :rolleyes:

Ah well, gave me a chance to lower the song volume anyway. So stay tuned.

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
The new album really gets on my nerves, but that was some uber mega playing dude, good work!

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
The new album really gets on my nerves, but that was some uber mega playing dude, good work!

Mmm, I'm finding I like Kezia much more, there just isn't that much memorable about Fortress.

Plus, that concept album = the tits.

Thanks man!

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Mmm, I'm finding I like Kezia much more, there just isn't that much memorable about Fortress.

Plus, that concept album = the tits.

Thanks man!

I'm pretty much finding the exact opposite. Kezia is kinda' "meh" to me, while I find Fortress to be a MUCH better album. Cool vid none the less :yesway:

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
Alright, here. I was able to upload it again. I deleted the first video like an hour ago, but for some reason, it still works... slow youtube :lol:

Here's the new version, with quieter background so you can hear more of my mistakes :lol:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
:fawk:

that is all i have to say. you make it look easy, fucker.

:squint:

:wub:

:squint::squint:

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
:fawk:

that is all i have to say. you make it look easy, fucker.

:squint:

:wub:

:squint::squint:

:lol:

Well IMO, the tapping is the hardest part of the song. It took me a really long time to get it down because the first part requires me to blindly move the hand I'm not looking at. Plus, I've never really done multi-string legato tapping before. But once you get it to muscle memory, it's just plain fun to play.

I guess what I'm saying is that you never know until you try. :wub:

try. :squint:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
couldnt you have swept the tapping part? read the interview with luke on the ibby site, he says something about part of a song he's gonna try to sweep after he saw a guy sweep it on youtube, instead of tapping it. not sure what song though..

man that shit is fuckin hard! and besides, im buzzed. no trying tonight :lol:

i cant play that shit yet. :(

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
I really like tapping it. I could alternate pick the second tapping part, but it just wouldn't sound or feel... right.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
probably not. but then you could say you did it :lol:

i can kinda sweep? (as in it's not very clean, but it sounds a lot like sweeping to me) on my LP, but not so much the C7..

someone just sell me a carvin DC727 already!

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Tapping all the way, tapping sounds way different than sweeping. This is also a lot of fun to play. Now I'll need to learn a different tune or tighten up Bland Street Bloom or something because this version is basically 100% :D I can never be bothered to a learn a full cover of any song though.

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
Tapping all the way, tapping sounds way different than sweeping. This is also a lot of fun to play. Now I'll need to learn a different tune or tighten up Bland Street Bloom or something because this version is basically 100% :D I can never be bothered to a learn a full cover of any song though.

Thanks duder.

BSB would be sick! That's all yours as well, as I want to try Flogging the Horses.

(although I would still like to see you or anybody else do a Bloodmeat cover :agreed:)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
perhaps if i had your chops/a reliable recording station..

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
perhaps if i had your chops/a reliable recording station..

I don't have a recording station, so I guess I don't really know what you mean.

I tried something new for this cover that seemed to work quite well and produce better sound quality than before. I recorded my guitar part with my camera (no mic'ing or anything), and I just played the song through headphones to stay on time (although I definitely still had trouble with the concept :lol:). Then, I just put the song in after during video editing. It's good to be able to lower the level of the backing, I've found :agreed:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
by recording station, i mean a place to play and a webcam i can trust/is better then 1.3MP lol.

')