Bloodmeat cover video

WillingWell

Reaction score
Here's a cover of the song Bloodmeat by Protest the Hero. I think I may be late on the popularity streak of this song, but here it is anyway. A friend recorded us playing it and uploaded it. It's a lil messy in parts but not too bad. Unfortunately we only have one guitar, so it's somewhat bastardized, haha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well done! :yesway:

Do you mute during your taps by using the palm of your tapping/picking hand?

WillingWell

Reaction score
I'm not really sure to be honest, I think I use the bottom of my palm, sort of towards the wrist but I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cool, thanks, because anytime I tap anything other than my high E or B, I get shitloads of string noise. I think the guys in PtH use the "scrunchie-across-the-low-frets" technique as well, but I might be wrong.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Cool, thanks, because anytime I tap anything other than my high E or B, I get shitloads of string noise. I think the guys in PtH use the "scrunchie-across-the-low-frets" technique as well, but I might be wrong.

Can you explain that technique? :)

CrashRG

I'm Back Bitches!
Reaction score
"scrunchie across the frets" is just an elastic"scrunchie" hair tie slipped over the neck. they pull it onto the neck to mute/damp any excessive string noise, and slip it back behind the nut out of the way when not in use. PtH does it, I believe Victor Wooten and his brother (Reggie?) theres more that escapes me at the moment.............

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
WOW the tempo is jacked way up in your version :lol:
Tough to tell what's going on but what I can hear sounds great

WillingWell

Reaction score
Yeah I think we might play it a bit fast... I blame the drummer :lol:

Perhaps I will record a more personal guitar only version soon.

I've always considered the scrunchie cheating. Granted, Guthrie Govan does it among a lot of others, it just looks silly to me. I'd rather make do without.

')