Bloody PETA's at it again...

• Thread starter Devyn Eclipse Nav
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
PETA to Obama: Don't Pardon Turkeys - Yahoo! News

So now they're asking the president to not do the tradition of "pardoning" a turkey at thanksgiving, since apparently it's insulting to the birds.

Ingrid Newkirck said:
It makes light of the mass slaughter of some 46 million gentle, intelligent birds and portrays the United States' president as being in some sort of business partnership with the turkey-killing industry," Newkirk wrote in a letter sent to President Obama today. "Turkeys do not need to be 'pardoned'-they are not guilty of anything other than being born into a world of prejudice. They are innocents who should be respected for who they are: good mothers, smart birds, and interesting animals.

You understand so well that African-Americans, women, and members of the LGBT community have been poorly served throughout history," Newkirk writes, "and now I am asking you to consider other living beings who are ridiculed, belittled, and treated as if their sentience, feelings, and very natures count for nothing.

Honestly. I don't even know what to say.

Discuss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Attention whore is whoring for attention. I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Fucking Christ, who gives a fuck.

Also:
Turkey's are fucking stupid. Really fucking stupid. The stupid fuckers could get stuck in the corner of a round room.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Yup. Because they are dumb mother fuckers and anybody calling turkeys , "...intelligent birds," is likely a fucking moron as well.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Only if that student happened to be the dumbest in the class. Turkey's are stupid even for birds.

I don't much care if wild turkey's use to be smart as that's not the issue at hand. It was made quite clear in the originally article that they are talking about thanksgiving dinner birds.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Only if that student happened to be the dumbest in the class. Turkey's are stupid even for birds.

I don't much care if wild turkey's use to be smart as that's not the issue at hand. It was made quite clear in the originally article that they are talking about thanksgiving dinner birds.

Well, if that's the case, the argument would then become more focused in that the birds shouldn't have been domesticated for slaughter to begin with. But, I get what you're saying, man: "They're stupid, so fuck them."

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Not what I was saying at all. I was objecting to her calling them intelligent. That's all.

That and making a stink about the President, "pardoning," the turkeys.

Nowhere did I make a judgment on eating meat or fucking them or whatever.

I judged PETA not the animals.

Amalloy

Reaction score
PETA always says stuff that's good for a laugh, but as soon as you start thinking about it rationally....

Your day goes out the window. I'd rather deal with feminazi's then these dumbasses.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I have been either vegan or vegetarian for 3/4 of my life (I've gone back and forth between the two).

I hate PETA. They are the epitome of polished facades hiding ugly innards.

As for this--not surprised in the least. It's run by potheads and angry women with the mentalities of children; you can't predict half the things they'll say, but you can damn well expect them to try and make a stir.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I can agree with PETA that animals deserve our respect as much as our fellow human beings, and that there is beauty in all organisms even some that might be considered mundane, like turkeys. But fucking hell PETA, if you want to try and champion animal rights, can you do it in a way that is less moronic and counter-productive? There's a reason people roll their eyes whenever animal or environment activism is brought up, and it's because of stupid groups like PETA that target the issues in completely the wrong way, making the jobs of groups like Greenpeace and the World Wildlife Fund even harder.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
PETA always says stuff that's good for a laugh, but as soon as you start thinking about it rationally....

Your day goes out the window. I'd rather deal with feminazi's then these dumbasses.

I apologize for having misunderstood you, but you're still picking on turkeys, man.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, if that's the case, the argument would then become more focused in that the birds shouldn't have been domesticated for slaughter to begin with. But, I get what you're saying, man: "They're stupid, so fuck them."

I think it was more that PETA stated, in their BS, that turkeys are smart, which Axe is refuting. Because they are really freaking dumb, like grouse dumb.

They are innocents who should be respected for who they are: good mothers, smart birds, and interesting animals.

Brill

sweet little lolita.
Reaction score
I think it was more that PETA stated, in their BS, that turkeys are smart, which Axe is refuting. Because they are really freaking dumb, like grouse dumb.

So we should also kill people born with down sydrome and other brain defects?

I in no way support PETA, as they kill more animals than they save, but i don't support mindless killing of animals.

')