Body Modification - Piercings/Tattoos etc

• Thread starter sidge428
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Took my septum tunnel out when my nose was broken a couple of weeks back. Can still fit my 2.4 BCR into it (without the ball) but I doubt I'll comfortably get the tunnel back in. Not massively fussed, though.

Managed to get my 12mm (tiny, I know) new leopardwood plugs in which are pretty sweet.
317om4O-JlL._SX342_.jpg

Like these only with concave ends. They look a bit tackier in than they do on their own but they're still pretty cool.

My friend's husband, who is trying to build up his portfolio, is doing some work on my leg half sleeve, starting with fixing the previous tattooist's rubbish line work, then finishing the colour, before moving on to the next stage. It's been years since it's had anything done to it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Hey all,
I need some "first tattoo" advice. I'm currently on day six of the healing process. Overall it's been pretty smooth, nothing that I'd consider out of the ordinary. I'm just a little worried about one portion of it right now.
The X is still oozing as the scabs peel, and from what I understand it really shouldn't still be doing that, at least not nearly a week later. And it appears that one portion of the X is pussing ever so slightly. I'm not in any pain, and it isn't hot too the touch, so I don't think it's infected. I just want some opinions on what to do.
Should I just keep on going and taking extra care to make sure it's clean? Or should I head in and have a doctor check it out?

FWIW I do have naturally dry skin, and I don't work in the cleanest environment (dirty old school chem labs).

Thanks in advance!

OrbX24d.jpg

Whammy

Reaction score
Hey all,
I need some "first tattoo" advice. I'm currently on day six of the healing process. Overall it's been pretty smooth, nothing that I'd consider out of the ordinary. I'm just a little worried about one portion of it right now.
The X is still oozing as the scabs peel, and from what I understand it really shouldn't still be doing that, at least not nearly a week later. And it appears that one portion of the X is pussing ever so slightly. I'm not in any pain, and it isn't hot too the touch, so I don't think it's infected. I just want some opinions on what to do.
Should I just keep on going and taking extra care to make sure it's clean? Or should I head in and have a doctor check it out?

FWIW I do have naturally dry skin, and I don't work in the cleanest environment (dirty old school chem labs).

Thanks in advance!

Personally it sounds like the start of an infection.
"Puss" and "infection" normally go hand in hand.
However it could just be that you're not healing the best.

After all you just put a foreign substance in your body (ink) and your body is naturally trying to push it out.
It is a wound so treat it as such and take care of it.

Just take the best care you can of it. If it starts to heat up more then yeah, it's an infection.
If you feel the need to visit the doctor do it. It's your body after all.
But personally I think it's a bit excessive.

Worst case you may lose some ink in the infected area but a simple touch up after it's healed will fix that.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I figured as much. Even now, what little puss that was present is already gone. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't an immediate red flag that I was just sort of overlooking. I really think that my body just doesn't really like tattoos all too much :lol:
Thanks for the reply!

Whammy

Reaction score
I figured as much. Even now, what little puss that was present is already gone. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't an immediate red flag that I was just sort of overlooking. I really think that my body just doesn't really like tattoos all too much :lol:
Thanks for the reply!

The solid black areas are hard to heal. A lot of ink is deposited in those areas and consequently the skin goes through more trauma than other areas due to more needle movement.

It's common enough that these areas lose some ink during the healing process. There are a good few areas on my arms that should have solid colors but need a tough up :lol:

blanco

Reaction score
It looks like it's scabbed over and is starting to peel. Not ideally what you want your tattoo to do but it happens. You have a fair amount of tight skin around it so i wouldn't jump to it be infected more that its the most traumatised area therefore going to be the weakest and most prone to cracking or infection. Not knowing your cleaning routine i'd say get it literally regimental. I've always been told to use bepanthen, not sure if your have that in america, five times a day for at least two weeks after get the ink.

Obviously avoid scratching at it or pick it at all and i'd avoid getting dirt and chemicals in it as much as possible, it is an open wound after all. The dry skin thing shouldn't be much of a problem if your applying your cream enough throughout the day. Otherwise give it a few days of regimental cleaning and see if you notice a difference. If your really worried go back to the tattooist/shop and ask them for advice although not a doctor they will have seen it all before and can give you decent advice.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Thanks! I've been cleaning with anti-bacterial soap 2-3 times at most a day. I don't know whether or not that's overkill, or not frequently enough (I feel so noob-y)
And needless to say, I've been avoiding any actual work with our chemicals :lol:

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Thanks! I've been cleaning with anti-bacterial soap 2-3 times at most a day. I don't know whether or not that's overkill, or not frequently enough (I feel so noob-y)
And needless to say, I've been avoiding any actual work with our chemicals :lol:

That is over kill. Just keep putting on the vitamin E cream and let it heal. Also, don't stress out over some scabbing, let it completely heal and in a month after it's healed get it touched up in the areas you've lost ink.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Going in for the second session on my portrait/leg sleeve in just a week! With Tolstoy almost done, we'll probably get started with Dostoevsky on the other side next session, and bring the whole piece together and put in the finishing touches with the third session at the end of September.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
good work! it's nice to have someone who can do a nice portrait piece.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
That's for sure. I'd say a portrait/photorealism is the easiest kind of tattoo to really .... up.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
anyone have any experience will nose piercings, specifically nostrils? i'm thinking about getting my left nostril pierced, and i was wondering how bad it hurt. also, it would be my first piercing.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
My girlfriend just got two portraits of her grandparents on her thigh. Still not finished, as she's putting a frame around them, but I was pretty impressed with the work done. I might go to this guy for some touch up work on a bad piece.

533198_10151575812202006_2019784609_n.jpg

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
anyone have any experience will nose piercings, specifically nostrils? i'm thinking about getting my left nostril pierced, and i was wondering how bad it hurt. also, it would be my first piercing.

Generally considered to be the most feminine of facial piercings, be prepared to overhear people asking each other if you're gay when they think you can't hear them, or possibly just assuming that you are no questions asked. Just something to think about. If it doesn't bother you then go for it. I've never had one, but all I ever hear about is people losing their nose rings in the night and then having to re-pierce them because they heal up so fast.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
Generally considered to be the most feminine of facial piercings, be prepared to overhear people asking each other if you're gay when they think you can't hear them, or possibly just assuming that you are no questions asked. Just something to think about. If it doesn't bother you then go for it. I've never had one, but all I ever hear about is people losing their nose rings in the night and then having to re-pierce them because they heal up so fast.

no, i'm not gay. i think it's only considered gay when it's on the right side only, and/or it's just a stud as opposed to a ring. not that it really matters to me, that's just what i've heard.

i would hate to wake up and my nose completely heal, though. damn.

Rypac

Reaction score
i think it's only considered gay when it's on the right side only

Damn... :ugh:

But seriously, I've got a ring in my right nostril and I'm not gay. It shouldn't matter what others, or you think others, think. If you like nose rings, go for it man.

It doesn't hurt that much either. It stung for about a minute after it was pierced and my right eye instantly started watering but apart from that, it has been pretty much painless.
I know of a few people whose piercings got infected but mine has been perfect so far. Clean it frequently for the first week or two and it should be OK from then on.

Mine has been pierced for over a year and I haven't taken it out yet but there is no way it is going to fall out accidentally. A stud may be a different story but rings are pretty secure.
That being said, I have heard that they do heal very quickly so if you do take it out, don't leave it out for too long.

Latest posts

')