Body Shape Opinions...

• Thread starter foreright
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Omzig

Reaction score
Love the Kelly (i have bits kicking around for a Loomis insipre kelly build im yet to get to....) so got to be 1 for me !

Turk posted a pretty good plan for the PG Destoryerman as he called it

50029356673_00b163575c_k.jpg

It's in the zip file i linked in the plans post that pops up from time to time if anyone wants it

Look forward to seeing how this one progresses.

KR250

Build addict
Reaction score
I really like the body designs of 1 & 3, but with the head stock of #4, or cross between them. The lines on the left side of the head stock for 1-3 feel like they need some extra sort of curve added, but maybe that's just me.

foreright

Reaction score
Love the Kelly (i have bits kicking around for a Loomis insipre kelly build im yet to get to....) so got to be 1 for me !

Turk posted a pretty good plan for the PG Destoryerman as he called it

50029356673_00b163575c_k.jpg

It's in the zip file i linked in the plans post that pops up from time to time if anyone wants it

Look forward to seeing how this one progresses.

oh wow that’s pretty much exactly what I drew yesterday haha - I must admit I’m tending towards that design for the 6 and my #3 slightly tweaked for better fret access for a 7.

Taylor

Formerly... someone
Reaction score
I really like the body designs of 1 & 3, but with the head stock of #4, or cross between them. The lines on the left side of the head stock for 1-3 feel like they need some extra sort of curve added, but maybe that's just me.

I agree, a headstock with more curves looks better with the body shapes

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
I am in love with this Gilbert/Destroyerman shape. I think I'm gonna have to build something similar instead of the RD I was planning to do after my tele.

foreright

Reaction score
I've got a custom Waghorn 7 string Kelly, with a reverse headstock and fanned frets.

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/waghorn-kelly-custom.336238/

zRoAGmC.jpg

Yowser, that is amazing - love it! Ironically after one of the comments above I'm kinda coming around to the idea of a "normal" headstock rather than reverse for this shape. Certainly the couple I've drawn out do actually look nicer with a standard one. It's a shame that the only set of 7 tuners I have lying around are inline - reverse... not sure I'll get another set past the wife without raised eyebrows.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Yowser, that is amazing - love it! Ironically after one of the comments above I'm kinda coming around to the idea of a "normal" headstock rather than reverse for this shape. Certainly the couple I've drawn out do actually look nicer with a standard one. It's a shame that the only set of 7 tuners I have lying around are inline - reverse... not sure I'll get another set past the wife without raised eyebrows.
I think it's the big lower horn and the angled backend. A normal inline headstock parallels those two angles and flows better.

')