Bogner 2x12" Oversize Close Back vs Mesa 4x12" Rectifier Traditional (Stiletto)

• Thread starter maloteslos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maloteslos

Reaction score
Hi guys! I need a good cabinet for play in concert with any type of dimensions! A cabinet with good tone and much versatility in reference a genres. The options are:

-Bogner 2x12" Oversize Close Back.
-Mesa 4x12" Rectifier Traditional (Stiletto).

What cabinet is better for my needs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
They're both great cabs. Both are high end, built to last, built to tour, and sound great. Go try them out - you really can't go wrong. If space is an issue, the Bogner is marginally smaller.

EOT

I pull over 500 lbs.
Reaction score
budda pretty well nailed it.

If you're going to be using a 100w+ head you'd might be better off with the extra power handling of the 4x12. The OS Bogner is not much smaller than a standard 4x12 but it is a little lighter...

DC23

Reaction score
I had a Bogner OS 2x12. It was a great cab and it definitely had a wicked 'rich/warm' tone that I did not have in any of my mesa cabs (although I only had 2 OS 2x12s and 1 recto 4x12). I bought the bogner because I needed something that had the same vibe as a 4x12 but small enough that I could move on my own...which the Bogner was perfect for.

h75119847

Reaction score
I have the traditional 4x12 mesa cab and it's great. built really well too :)

')