Bogner 4x12 Standard vs Mesa Boogie Traditional vs Mesa Boogie Standard 4x12 cabinets

• Thread starter maloteslos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maloteslos

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a modern boy, I like the modern genres. In distorsion I like that sound hard, open, articulate and with sustain. In clean that sound sweet and beautiful. I'm thinking in buy a cabinet to play with my band. What cabinet you recommend me buy? Please.

Bogner 4x12" Standard
Mesa Boogie Traditional 4x12"
Mesa Boogie Standard 4x12"

All with Celestion Vintage 30.

My guitar is a Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 25th Anniversary made in USA, not use guitars with single coil.

Thanks for your time, I hope your answer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
I personally like the Mesa Standard oversize cabs. IMHO they have the most versatile sound and can really deliver the low end. Another great thing about the mesa cabs is they use actual UK made Celestion V30's. Most other brands are using the chinese Vintage 30's including bogner from what I hear. You really cant go wrong with any choice of the cabs you have listed though.

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
Of the 3 cabs you have listed, there's no loser. Any of them will be a great piece of equipment to have.

maloteslos

Reaction score
I personally like the Mesa Standard oversize cabs. IMHO they have the most versatile sound and can really deliver the low end. Another great thing about the mesa cabs is they use actual UK made Celestion V30's. Most other brands are using the chinese Vintage 30's including bogner from what I hear. You really cant go wrong with any choice of the cabs you have listed though.

Well, this is very important, but, the persons say that the celestion v30 made in UK are = to the celestion made in china, that not have differences. Other thing is that I have 2 options of cabinets: slant or straight, I not know that choice.

')