BOHR 8 String metal (ex Wait a Ho Chi Minute)

• Thread starter gnarlwinslow
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnarlwinslow

Reaction score
I posted this a couple weeks back under a different band name and a few people asked me where to download it but we hadn't released it yet because we had decided to change our name at the last minute. So I figured I'd post it again so all my links went bad and I can no longer edit the original thread

Anywho, We're BOHR. We're metal, ERG metal to be exact. Have a listen.

Our Lands EP is free on Google play or feel free to PM me and I'll shoot you a link to download it as well if you want. Hopefully SSO doesn't get pissed for me spamming this, I promise not to change my name again and post it yet another time:) Enjoy!

https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=1#/album//BOHR/Lands

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

haffner1

Reaction score
Thanks for posting! I like the progressions you are using. Overall I have kind of a mixed reaction to it. Vocals that are all screams are usually not my thing, and this is no exception but at least some of it I could get into. I have fairly bad hearing damage so I'm not one to give a very reliable mix analysis, but it seems a too bass heavy so a lot of the leads don't really stand out in front. I definitely like the overall flow of the tune though.

gnarlwinslow

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I would definitely not hold myself in any high regard as far as mastering goes. I've made so many changes to the mix and mastering until I've about had my ears bleeding. I appreciate the kind words though. If you don't care for screaming as much you may find this song to be a little less intense.

chris9

Reaction score
awesome stuff
i love the angry doom

Anant Naag

hate frets
Reaction score
Hey man, first of all, love the sound guitar wise that you are going for. Its totally my thing.

but the mix and master makes it tough to get into. Its not clear at all.

I am huge fan of post rock and black, both known for not the most pristine mix's but this is not clear even by those standards.

neurosis

Reaction score
I posted this a couple weeks back under a different band name and a few people asked me where to download it but we hadn't released it yet because we had decided to change our name at the last minute. So I figured I'd post it again so all my links went bad and I can no longer edit the original thread

Anywho, We're BOHR. We're metal, ERG metal to be exact. Have a listen.

Our Lands EP is free on Google play or feel free to PM me and I'll shoot you a link to download it as well if you want. Hopefully SSO doesn't get pissed for me spamming this, I promise not to change my name again and post it yet another time:) Enjoy!

https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=1#/album//BOHR/Lands

New name! Still great music.

neurosis

Reaction score
To me the essential trilogy is A Sun That Never Sets, Through Silver and Blood and Times of Grace.

Nice you liked it! I love that band.

Did I mention Cult of Luna? I am pretty sure you've listened to them already, but that is my all-time favorite band. Seen them live many times over the years. They are incredible.

neurosis

Reaction score
Oh and by the way. Listening to Godflesh and Jesu the other day I thought of your EP. That's a good thing. Hahahah.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Million times better name. I can't say that the mix isn't completely mental, but I kinda think it fits. Definitely a good listen. :yesway:

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
ERG metal with blastbeats, actual riffy heaviness instead of 0000 laziness and melodic solos all over the place? Count me in. Extremely impressed.

gnarlwinslow

Reaction score
To me the essential trilogy is A Sun That Never Sets, Through Silver and Blood and Times of Grace.

Nice you liked it! I love that band.

Did I mention Cult of Luna? I am pretty sure you've listened to them already, but that is my all-time favorite band. Seen them live many times over the years. They are incredible.

Just checked out Cult of Luna, I feel almost silly I don't know of any of these bands, ha, but Cult of Luna seems pretty sweet, I'm really digging this.

ALSO: If anyone wants this that doesn't have access to Google Play, here's a download link. Anyone have any suggestions on where to even network your band these days? Facebook seems pretty terrible other than letting our grandparents know that our super crazy heavy music is available to put them in their graves. We are just trying to get this out to as many people as we can. Spread the word! We'll have our album from last year available again soon too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzBqmv8pDVIiTFI3M1BzamNSOHM/view?usp=sharing

')