Books you can't wait to either buy or come out

• Thread starter GuitaristOfHell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Right now for me it's Stephen King's Doctor Sleep released the 18th,
and the others Through The Key Hole, and Joyland all by King himself.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
not really up on what books are coming out. but i am definitely a fan of the king.

in particular i liked his book "under the dome" and i believe its going to be made into a movie series sometime soon.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Right now for me it's Stephen King's Doctor Sleep released the 18th,
and the others Through The Key Hole, and Joyland all by King himself.

Wind Through the Keyhole wasn't worth the money I threw down for it which sucks cause I LOVE the entire Dark Tower series.

For my upcoming list I've got "A Song of Fire and Ice" books three through five, as well as Tolkien's "The Silmarillion" and then who knows what after that. Oh, and Gaiman's "Ocean at the End of the Lane" which comes out on the 18th.

7Heavyness

Banned
Reaction score
These days the only way to make people read a book is writing one with only 140 characters :lol:

I love some Poe.
Last week I bought one with his best tales and couldn't stop reading till the end.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
The last two ASoIaF books from GRRM....he best get his ass in gear.

This is my biggest fear, and I know it's going to come to fruition too and there's nothing I can do to stop it :lol: It's 10 months until the new Game of Thrones, so I'll be able to read all the books (currently just started Clash of Kings) AND watch the show to find the differences before the two next books come out.

blackjackslsc8

schecterman
Reaction score
Stephen King is our greatest living american writer. I can't wait to buy 'Fighting chess with hikaru nakamura'. Nakamura is the highest rated american chess player and the only person to beat bobby fischers record as the youngest us open champion. He's currently ranked in the top ten in the world, is one of the few players at the elite level of asian descent, and possesses one of the most fearless, attacking styles of all players in the world. Play through some of his games and you will be amazed! Check out his blitz prowess on youtube...1 and 5 minute blitz...you will be blown away! I myself prefer 3 minute blitz (highest ranking 1750), in case anybody here plays the royal game. Ah, yes...chess and guitars...who needs anything else?

blackjackslsc8

schecterman
Reaction score
Poe is good--check out his sherlock holmes installments--trivia factoid!--and his few attempts at science fiction! Slightly dry text, some of it, but all in all some pretty good stuff. Richard matheson blows him out of the water though--check out any of his short story collections and I gurantee you will fall in love!

')