Borderlands 3 Trailer

• Thread starter PunkBillCarson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
See here’s the problem with that argument- is this a discussion? In which case, one can certainly have a negative or undesired response, right?

I’m one who usually tries not to say anything at all if I have nothing good to add, but if it’s meant to be a 2-way street (and it is) ya gotta take the good with the bad.

Near as I can tell no one’s been a dick yet (though we’ve burnt half the first page on this), so let’s keep it that way shall we gents?

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Normally there's room for a two way discussion but this is Borderlands 3. :lol: I'm being hyperbolic, but it's just something I've never understood. I mean, do you go to concerts to bands you don't like and trash the band?

wankerness

Reaction score
Oh crap, AND they're making the Handsome Collection Ultra HD texture packs? Now I HAVE to go get the Platibim for BL2...

I got the platinum equivalent on 360, I couldn’t make myself go through it again on ps4. It’s pretty easy, just really time consuming especially if you didn’t main Zero or the gunzerker. The main impediment for me is I don’t have anyone to play it with for the coop trophies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noisy Humbucker

Reaction score
I mean, do you go to concerts to bands you don't like and trash the band?

Dude - your argument there might hold water if he flew to PAX for the unveiling and then griped, but I doubt he did so...

Back to it. I’m interested in #3, but like Wankerness said - if I have to listen to story elements I’m not particularly fond of during every playthrough it might grow tiresome (BL2 did, but there’s nothing quite like it so I put on my big boy pants and got back to lootin’ and shootin’).

wankerness

Reaction score
I also liked 1 a lot more in terms of being a lone player. In that game you eventually become nigh-unstoppable with the way skills synergized and the enemies are balanced to take multiple hits to kill you. In 2, you will get taken from 100 to 0 in literally 1-2 hits ALL THE TIME and you basically just die nonstop if you try to play solo past a certain point. The only way to live most of the time on higher difficulties at max level is to use that one legendary shield with 80% bullet/rocket absorption and cross your fingers. I mean, fine, it’s balanced around coop, but that’s one thing I like about the original a lot more.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I got the platinum equivalent on 360, I couldn’t make myself go through it again on ps4. It’s pretty easy, just really time consuming especially if you didn’t main Zero or the gunzerker. The main impediment for me is I don’t have anyone to play it with for the coop trophies.

... I mean, I'm down to help someone get the cop op trophies if you'd be able to help me figure out where the hell I haven't gone on the map yet. That and finishing a few side quests are all I have left.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I already explained what doesn't make sense. You saying...

...clearly expresses disinterest, so why bother amongst people who are clearly excited and obviously probably don't feel the same way as you? I'd venture to say that most of us trust Gearbox with BL3 and don't have the same expectations nor opinions about the expansions that you do. So again... it doesn't make sense why you would bother.

I'll go ahead and say it now that based on your posts that I've read in the past regarding MANY things such as pickups, music, video games, and well in general, you seem to be quite nitpicky and dare I say it, a bit of an elitist, kind of like me, but far less forgiving.
Elitist? haha I listen to a huuge variety music and play a ton of games/watch a ton of movies. I do everything in my power to give everything a fair shot, which is more than most people can say. I like a range of pickups and enjoy testing new ones, big deal. I do it because if I can help others navigate the minefield of shit soundclips and bad descriptions/comparisons that drove me to doing my shootouts in the first place, then I've succeeded.
Do I have strong opinions about things? yes,but so do a lot of people on here, including you.

I think my skepticism is warranted give how Battleborn and Aliens Colonial Marines, two games made by gearbox, turned out.
I didn't know that this thread was an echo chamber solely for fanboys to masturbate to a trailer that shows off no real gameplay, so I guess I'll show myself out.

Last edited:

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
^It's a trailer designed to get people hyped and they said that we'll know more Wednesday, so even if you aren't hyped about it, could have waited till then to express skepticism, especially considering that while those two games sucked, they have nothing to do with the mechanics of Borderlands and such and the fans REAL FANS, realize that which is why they're staying hyped about it.

Buh-bye Felicity!

wankerness

Reaction score
Aaanyway....

There’s a SHiFT code floating around from PAX that’s good for 100 golden keys! I don’t think it’s platform-specific, I entered it on the SHiFT page and it went in just fine (I’ll have to double check on my console when I get home tonight).

C3W33-RZ6ZJ-TFJ6C-TTJ33-RFHX5

EDIT: And I’m on both sides of the fence when it comes to DLC- the “full sized” ones get tedious as hell but the little headhunter jaunts are a blast! Oh, and I’ve played all of two minutes of TPS, don’t know that I intend to go back.

Man, I forgot how much of a gigantic pain in the ass entering shift codes was. I like the concept, but I hated having to manually type in a full 25 characters, combined letters and numbers. Since they already force you to sign up for and then sign in with a special Shift account you'd think they could make the process a lot less arduous, it's not like they're losing anything by giving you a purple gun in-game! 100 keys though was worth resetting my password for that account to use it on PS4. :p

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Man, I forgot how much of a gigantic pain in the ass entering shift codes was. I like the concept, but I hated having to manually type in a full 25 characters, combined letters and numbers. Since they already force you to sign up for and then sign in with a special Shift account you'd think they could make the process a lot less arduous, it's not like they're losing anything by giving you a purple gun in-game! 100 keys though was worth resetting my password for that account to use it on PS4. :p

It's a little less tedious on PC due to the keyboard, but it still is a little bit considering the account and such so I agree there. That said, 100 GK is 100 GK, so of course I went through the pain in the ass process of doing that when it released.

Noisy Humbucker

Reaction score

As of yesterday I’m never manually entering a code again - you can sign in on the website, then it’s copy and paste baby!