Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UnknownRex

TheLivingSaint
Reaction score
I saw them at warped tour last year. They were like the only reason i went to warped. They put on a great show, the drums were spot on and so fucking precise, The bassist is a tank and ohh godd the guitar solo in "follow the signs".

nikolazjalic

Reaction score
I'm really stoked for this release now! Hopefully they release a single or two before the album drops :hbang:

I had heard the first one, there's a longer version of it on youtube, as for the rest these are new to me, and it's getting me more excited than before.

could you link the video of the longer version?

Housty00

Reaction score
I'm really stoked for this release now! Hopefully they release a single or two before the album drops :hbang:

could you link the video of the longer version?

Here you go, sir! The guys talking over it are pretty annoying, but new material is still awesome in any form!

djentinc

Banned
Reaction score
I'm opening for the Sydney show at the Hi-Fi for the Australian tour! Cannot be more excited

Wow that's fantastic, congratulations to you :).

Here you go, sir! The guys talking over it are pretty annoying, but new material is still awesome in any form!

That new song is ridiculous. It does seem like they're continuing on with the direction they took with The Discovery, I'm just hoping that Lee McKinney will keep the shred in there:hbang:.

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
I know this is a common statement. But I was listening to Chelsea Grin's Evolve EP and I could really hear the style of BoO songs like Behold and Shaping The Masterpiece lead parts. I don't really know if that stuff will be there on the new stuff since Jason is out. The neo-classical esque stuff wasn't apparent on the older stuff

Housty00

Reaction score
Does anybody have any information on the rumor going around that Tosin Abasi is re-joining the band? I highly doubt it, but man that would be cool.

djentinc

Banned
Reaction score
I know this is a common statement. But I was listening to Chelsea Grin's Evolve EP and I could really hear the style of BoO songs like Behold and Shaping The Masterpiece lead parts. I don't really know if that stuff will be there on the new stuff since Jason is out. The neo-classical esque stuff wasn't apparent on the older stuff

Yeah, I did hear Jason's influence in the new CG stuff. Still absolutely hate CG though:lol:.

Does anybody have any information on the rumor going around that Tosin Abasi is re-joining the band? I highly doubt it, but man that would be cool.

Nope, not true. Tosin was never "in" the band, he was just filling in. Also, Lee Evans, their original 2nd guitarist, is their replacement for Jason and it looks like he's gonna stay.

Housty00

Reaction score
Reaction score

oddcam

Reaction score
Hmm. I'm excited but those clips sounds just like Circle of Contempt. I love that band but the riffing can become sterile after a little while.

I think the word you were looking for is stale. Or maybe not...:ugh:

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
"Born of Osiris are gearing up for another record due out in the summer of 2013.
Born of Osiris have begun tracking some pre-production tracks up in 37 Studios with Nick Sampson (lead guitarist of I Am Abomination) Their upcoming effort will not include Jason Richardson, who shredded the living hell out of The Discovery before"
- George Misanthrope -

Does this mean this dude is joining Boo to shred it up like mentioned before pages ago?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
"Born of Osiris are gearing up for another record due out in the summer of 2013.
Born of Osiris have begun tracking some pre-production tracks up in 37 Studios with Nick Sampson (lead guitarist of I Am Abomination) Their upcoming effort will not include Jason Richardson, who shredded the living hell out of The Discovery before"
- George Misanthrope -

Does this mean this dude is joining Boo to shred it up like mentioned before pages ago?

That would be an incredible replacement for Jason, Nick can seriously shred. I doubt he would let go of IaA, especially since he doesn't like touring or something like that.

And also Lee has been stated as the replacement already.

')