Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Still have hopes from the other clips that have surfaced from the studio and Lee's vine account. Not a bad track at all just a wee bit repetitive.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteWalls

Reaction score
Pretty atrocious in my opinion. This song is made of basically 3 things:
1) A 3 note really basic melody that's completely overused without any changes
2) Lots of random open string palm muting
3) A "solo" ripped straight from Unearth's My Will Be Done

I liked The Discovery quite a bit but this is some of the worst stuff I've heard this year to be honest

edit: ninja'd about the solo :lol:

Reaction score
Sounds F'in awesome!!!! More riff orientated than their recent release.

Oh brother, :rolleyes:.

This song has less riffs more 000-000 etc etc, less excitement and even the vocals are lacking. When you heard follow the signs off of discovery for the first time, the vocals explode onto the song. I hope this is just a low point of the album.

TristanTTN

Reaction score
Learned the sweep/solo section of the song! Not the most interesting or difficult lick, but still cool. I don't think I played it perfectly though, haha! :)

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score

This song has less riffs more 000-000 etc etc, less excitement and even the vocals are lacking. When you heard follow the signs off of discovery for the first time, the vocals explode onto the song. I hope this is just a low point of the album.

In what way are open rhythms not a riff?

Mr-Jemhead93

I think I'm profound
Reaction score
Learned the sweep/solo section of the song! Not the most interesting or difficult lick, but still cool. I don't think I played it perfectly though, haha! :)

let me guess you looked up the tabs for my will be done and just used that? haha just kidding nice job dude!!! :yesway:

TristanTTN

Reaction score
let me guess you looked up the tabs for my will be done and just used that? haha just kidding nice job dude!!! :yesway:

Hahahahaha! It sounds ridiculously close to the opening of that song! I never even listened to Unearth before, although I think I might more now!

Thanks dude!

Reaction score
In what way are open rhythms not a riff?

In the way that almost anyone can pick up a guitar and learn a chord that requires only a right hand and a quick "rest your hand against the strings" instruction and "choose your own rhythm" instruction before your off to the races. I've seen bands pick chug patterns based on drawing random cards from a deck or my friend who makes them out peoples birthdays. Throw any simple melodic pattern over the top and almost anyone can sound like they know what they are doing. I'm not knocking open palm muted stuff, but in my mind they aren't riffs, they are percussive enhancement via guitar.

I'm not bashing chugs, as I personally love them, however in todays highly over saturated scene, you better have something unique about it otherwise you will see comments like the others in this thread. We've heard these chugs and leads before, and without any spectacular riffs to add notes,color and variety to a song, they seem bland. The balance between the two is what makes songs special to my ears. However, music is subjective, so carry on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLnGDj8VkWo

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
This is pure and utter shit.

I'm totally letdown and so far the biggest dissapointment of the year. Seconded on the guy who said hopefully this is the worst track on the album.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score

Are you being really sarcastic or did you just contradict yourself:scratch:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
It's still a riff, not like I'm a huge fan of songs that constantly abuse it. But whatever, opinions and such.

Song sounds great to me, but it's definitely got the sound of a single. I'll judge the rest of the album when it's out. And to all the people saying it's the biggest letdown of 2013, never judge an album by it's single. I expected Altered State/Into The Everblack to be very decent albums from their first song reveals but they blew my mind. Unless you've got a copy there's no need to judge the entire album, that's what the Youtube Comments section is for :fawk:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
This is pure and utter shit.

1013685_598447680188735_1425588922_n.jpg

Sikthness

Reaction score
new song is kinda boring. they have these epic-ish sounding keyboards, but they just build up to more chugging?

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
Nothing in that song stood out to me at all :shrug:

Really hoping the rest of the album is a hell of a lot better.

')