Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

Reaction score
That said I don't really give a damn what they put out, as long as it has songs like 'A Solution' and 'The Omniscient' on it. In my opinion by far their best work.

DUDE, AGREED! :metal:

They experimented so much with ambience, ethnic/tribal beats, electronica elements, synthesized instruments, and drum programming on some of those little "side tracks" on The Discovery.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Read what I wrote, read what you wrote. Listen to the new song and then the song you mentioned taking into account what you've wrote. I don't think I can make it much clearer.

I wonder who will be their new touring guitarist now.

The stem files can be downloaded at this link.
https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/cb51e4d7fab9ade5673048ecc2e4f68020130625193232/cae2de

I was referring to the vocals when bringing up Follow the Signs. Not it's chugfest open muting.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
1.) During the A Higher Place era, didn't they solely have Lee McKinney for awhile until Lee Evans stepped up to help them tour?...

2.) Wait....what are the stems for?....

I don't recall Lee playing with them during AHP-era. I do know that Tosin Abasi toured with them for a brief period.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Anybody else notice that the song is in drop C? :lol:

That's awesome honestly, saw the live video and I saw him using his new Koa/RW Neck BFR. Hope there's a good variety of that on the album, since I don't tune to anything lower than B Standard/Drop A on my 7's very often :cool:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Song is pretty cool, guitar riff is boring but that clearly isn't really the point of the tune at at all. Don't like the mix that much, guitars are soooooo choppy and over-processed. guitar tone is still half decent

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you listened to the single and you were expecting to hear The Discovery, yeah, I guess this might be disappointing. I think this song sounds like it would be right at home on A Higher Place and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :2c:

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
If you listened to the single and you were expecting to hear The Discovery, yeah, I guess this might be disappointing. I think this song sounds like it would be right at home on A Higher Place and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :2c:

The Discovery got very stale for me and I think most of the hype about it was due to the heavier use of 7 string guitars. A Higher Place never got stale and I love it every time I listen to it because it is so well written and thought out. I am praying the rest of the album is in a similar vein as AHP. :agreed:

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I dont get all the hate. I completely dig the new song, although I wasn't the biggest fan of the discovery I guess either.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
I liked AHP and loved The Discovery (never was a big fan of TNR), total snoozefest for me, and just seems so regressive for a band that recorded a song like, say Behold a couple of years ago.

inb4 somebody says Behold is just a wankfest, fine, but songs like Last Straw were also brilliant, miles ahead of this :2c:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I liked AHP and loved The Discovery (never was a big fan of TNR), total snoozefest for me, and just seems so regressive for a band that recorded a song like, say Behold a couple of years ago.

inb4 somebody says Behold is just a wankfest, fine, but songs like Last Straw were also brilliant, miles ahead of this :2c:

Not to bring this back, but that and XIV were both mainly written by Richardson. Singularity and Regenerate are up there for me on The Discovery personally.

Tyler

Reaction score
Im having some uber fun with these stems, so thanks to whoever posted those. The song is repetitive yes but in its own way its very catchy. Im looking forward to hearing the rest of the album to see if Lee stepped up after learning from Jason back when he was in the band.

nostealbucket

aint no gahdam woman
Reaction score
Yep.

I really hope The Diminished is going to be a good album...but I just don't know about these guys anymore...

Dude... If this ....ing album is called "The Diminished"... I hate to bitch about meaningless things like the album name... But "The Diminished"? Really? It just sounds... Ughhhh

Reaction score
Dude... If this ....ing album is called "The Diminished"... I hate to bitch about meaningless things like the album name... But "The Diminished"? Really? It just sounds... Ughhhh

It is. I gots me an inside-source. (Sorry, not trying to sound like that ....ing idiot Robert Percy... I'm being serious.) The lyrics to "Machine" fit the theme too.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score

I'm sorry that bothers you so much.

Sounds fine to me, especially the music and lyrics fit it.

Latest posts

')