Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

FollowTheSigns

Reaction score
Anyone looking to hear Hydra, it;s confirmed not to exist by Lee himself, sorry.

I've seen BoO live twice and Joe does indeed play most of the keyboard parts, in fact he's pretty good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Hopefully my bud and I are roadtripping up to Chicago to see them with Periphery, Dead Letter Circus, and Twelve Foot Ninja in November and I can catch up with Lee and Ronnie and everyone again. Gonna be a sick show for sure!

Well, Joliet, which is actually pretty far from Chicago, but regardless, I'm hoping I'll see you there :wavey:

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
This is the only album all my friends agree to like. Firsttime we got 6 people to sit down and listen to a whole album from start to Finish, Without just talking the whole through the whole thing.

It's really a grower.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Lee tweeted that he got an acoustic from Legator guitars, and has an 8 string in the works.

gd4s.png

bouVIP

Reaction score
So I'm definitely addicted to the album now.

My favorite song is Divergency oddly enough, but still not a fan of the ending.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^It's possibly my favorite. Even if just for the first verse.

Don Vito

Reaction score
As I've said before, I'm not into this kind of metal anymore, but I do have a sentimental attachment to BoO, so I had to give it a shot.

I thought it was on par with The Discovery for the most part. There weren't any songs as good as Behold or Devastate, but the bulk of the album was very consistent. Illusionist is my favorite track by far.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
just finished listening to it a few times.

i feel like had i never listened to the last 2 albums, and had been introduced to them via this one, i wouldn't be into them. the overuse of low (is it G?) open string triplets in place of making interesting riffs, and then piling on the electronica and keyboards just comes off as lazy to me, and i feel like they changed their aim toward a different crowd this time around. some of the songs sounded really "poppy" and "mass appeal" sounding without using the word mainstream. don't remember the name or track, but it's the one where they keep saying "gotta take a step back". just sounded way too generic to me.

i liked a lot of the leads and some of the solos were okay, but most of the time i found myself wanting the song to hurry up and get to the good parts and it's almost like a chore to deal with all of the boring parts in order to get to the good. i like how the singers seemed to step it up a notch with their intensity as well as being a little more singy, but again sometimes it came off as generic and a lot of the time i felt like they were drowning out good riffs. (ie: that song that was semi-leaked and then the final track has those riffs mostly drowned out)

discovery was such a big leap in tone, intensity, ferocity, heaviness, and general solo playing that i was blown away. it was fantastically brutal. i didn't care for some of the hip-hop-ish sounding bits that were kind of put in here and there (ie: one of the last songs on it) but it generally was a great album and it made me go "oh man i can't even imagine how the next one will sound if this is their new direction". but it turns out i was wrong and as others have said, it's really BoO Lite, and i just can't escape the feeling of lazy riffing and some great leads that get drowned out by everything else trying to jump out in front.

these frustrations keep it from being a grower. i felt the same feels when the new After The Burial came out and it just got worse and worse with each listen. oh well. the new Safety Fire full album preview was a winner so i guess that will be my fall 2013 music!

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Man, I've been jamming Mindful a LOT. I'd really like for them to play that live.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Yeah, still haven't received mine either.

Guess MerchConnection pre-orders really are a fcuking joke.

')