Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

NKGP

Reaction score
I agree with most here. I always loved your stuff but to me the wider range makes your sound 10 times more epic and crushing. And the material is top notch as usual.

The only comparison that should never ever be made is Born of Osiris with Attack Attack. Some bands just have breaks to mosh to, but BOO for me is definately not one of those bands. These are just pure rythmic passages that have great complexity and nice groove. If you think these are breakdowns than Meshuggah would be the nastiest breakdown band in the world, don't you think?

And the low G btw sounds super tight.
Really awesome work guys :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stressed123

Reaction score
everyone buy this fucking album !!! this is going to change metal forever. so impressed by the trailer!!!!!! holy fuck.

Stressed123

Reaction score
Born of osiris>after the burial, veil of maya, the faceless, periphery etc. etc.

HarryLikesProg

Reaction score
the really high melody in the third song is fantastic. i like how it almost sounds like an opera singer. misha's amazing and can't wait for the full album.

Stressed123

Reaction score
lol i dont know about what you said. the song writing from BoO is too sick, futurustic, and unique. periphery is not as good as people say they are. boo is definitely leagues above them and most bands now.

Stressed123

Reaction score
and thats like saying, nickleback killswitch engage and dream theater are on the same level because theyre on roadrunner.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
and thats like saying, nickleback killswitch engage and dream theater are on the same level because theyre on roadrunner.

I was trying to make the point that all of those bands are fairly similar, maybe excluding the faceless. Say that there's a contest to see who has the most solid debut. We have the above bands you mentioned in your earlier post. I believe that the first BoO album won't be in the top 3 because 1) it was basically BTBAM worship, and 2) the musicianship had yet to blossom into the new sampler that you listened to today. Brow nosing can only get you so far my friend. /rant

See my point. They aren't the best thing since sliced bread like you make them out to be.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Sounds insanely awesome, Lee. Cannot wait for the full tracks to be released.

Reaction score
I was trying to make the point that all of those bands are fairly similar, maybe excluding the faceless. Say that there's a contest to see who has the most solid debut. We have the above bands you mentioned in your earlier post. I believe that the first BoO album won't be in the top 3 because 1) it was basically BTBAM worship, and 2) the musicianship had yet to blossom into the new sampler that you listened to today. Brow nosing can only get you so far my friend. /rant

See my point. They aren't the best thing since sliced bread like you make them out to be.

This.
Veil of Maya, After the Burial and Periphery are all good at what they do. On similar levels, too. Its what the listeners into anyways. I would personally listen to the Veil and ATB before Periphery and Boo, but Periph and Boo are trailing right behind. For you its different apparently. And thats cool. :yesway:

Well Lee, I think you will be enjoying this feedback versus the initial AHP feedback! I haven't seen any negativity yet! Be proud of that man! Keep it up! And the rest of you BOO guys. :hbang:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
New shit sounds awesome, and epic has fuck! Sounds like it has the potential to be the best songs you guys have done yet!

LadyKiller

Last Tough Guy
Reaction score
Hey guys,

http://www.myspace.com/bornofosirisWe just posted a teaser track of the upcoming three songs we will be releasing online and for sale on Itunes in a couple weeks. We wanted to give songs but didn't get the opportunity, figured this is better than nothing.

-Lee McKinney and Born of Osiris
Will these songs not be on the next record?
Why do you guys offer them on Itunes if you could offer them on your new record too?

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
THIS: epic
the teasers sound really awesome
high quality recording, riffs, new tuning (done on 7 strings or 8?), vocals, everything sounds badass there

')