Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

allshallperishfan

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what plugins or whatnot BOO used for the discovery? I really really want a sound like the keys in the very beginning of Devastate. They sound so nice. Anybody know how I can get that sound?

edit: I know they used omnisphere on the new record but im just interested in those keys in the beginning of devastate

nikolazjalic

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what plugins or whatnot BOO used for the discovery? I really really want a sound like the keys in the very beginning of Devastate. They sound so nice. Anybody know how I can get that sound?

edit: I know they used omnisphere on the new record but im just interested in those keys in the beginning of devastate

lots of omnisphere on the discovery too, i would bet that the devastate keys were made with it as well

Hybrid138

Reaction score
BoO was awesome last night. Most epic fail intro ever but the rest of the show was awesome! Crowd went ape shit the whole set!

allshallperishfan

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of some samples that might sound like the keys in the beginning of devastate? I cant tell if its mallets or bells or a vibe, but i want to find a sample that can sound like that. I dont want to download the entire Omnisphere program i just need some cool samples for mallets that are similar! Thanks

Narrillnezzurh

Sir Clipsalot
Reaction score
I don't really feel all the love for Illusionist. It's a good song, but it gets eclipsed by Source Field every time for me.

allshallperishfan

Reaction score
i just hate when bands do the bending the 12th fret riff,because its generic. Its been done before again and again and its basically all of divergency

RoRo56

Reaction score
I've listened to the album quite a bit since release and I just can't get into it at all. Usually there'd be a song or two that I like, but nothing's caught my attention. I keep finding myself going back to the Discovery over and over.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
The guitars on this album are great. And I'm not anywhere close to ready for the 12th fret bending to go away, because it sounds good and that's what I care about.

Generic... please. With all the radio rock, punk and other bullshit in the world, we should be so lucky that someone like BoO exists. They make great, heavy music that is still "easy" to listen to. I'll take BoO over ANY tech death band, guaranteed.

')