Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
What were you guys arguing about?

The label wanted to/was trying to release a different version of a song then the band wanted and you can hear 'If they post that I'll never play that song live' and whatnot.

I think, at least.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
So im assuming this also means you guys aren't recording with Joey Sturgis anymore?

Also, MAJOR props on the tone. Im already saving up for an Axe-Fx and after hearing this it just makes me want it EVEN more. Its absolutely amazing that that massive tone is coming from the Axe-Fx.

The tone sounds like it could be the 5150 patch. Is there any truth to this? :D

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
That tone is most likely diluted through the camera's microphone, whatever compression the ustream uses, and my crappy headphones.

But, even with all that going against it, it still made my balls shrivel up from the shear brutality.

Lee - care to share some details on the patch you used?

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
So im assuming this also means you guys aren't recording with Joey Sturgis anymore?

Also, MAJOR props on the tone. Im already saving up for an Axe-Fx and after hearing this it just makes me want it EVEN more. Its absolutely amazing that that massive tone is coming from the Axe-Fx.

The tone sounds like it could be the 5150 patch. Is there any truth to this? :D

Joey told me a few weeks ago that they pulled out of recording with him. I believe that's reassured in this topic somewhere where it mentions they're doing it DIY and who is helping them with it instead.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Sounds incredible! I can't wait for this release.

+1 on the Axefx patch/amp sims/tips. that sound is massive

LeeOSIRIS

Reaction score
Hey guys, so we put our imovie skills together after our first couple days in the studio and created an update video! It can be viewed here:

We are tracking the album 2 songs at a time. Meaning, we will record drums bass and guitars for two songs and then do the vocals for them. We are trying to keep Ron and Joe's voices fresh so this is how we do it! Also, tracking it this way made for a really well rounded studio video quite early in the recording process! We will be making a couple more as time goes on, so keep an eye out!

We are recording at Bota Studios near our home outside Chicago. We are producing the record ourselves with the help of Don Byczynsky, and as you can see, everythings turning out sick! Ill try to pop back on here from time to time to answer some questions but can't promise quick answers as we are definately busy!

Enjoy all : )

-Lee McKinney

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
very looking forward to this :yesway:

did you record rhythm guitars with the axefx as well or just leads?

LeeOSIRIS

Reaction score
So far we've done everything with the AxeFX. We recorded all clean signals for guitars and bass and are going to be doing a series of reamping and experimenting though. Even for drums, micd and triggered, we're trying to leave our options COMPLETELY open!

')