Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Old song is old.
It was known under the names Wheaton and Visualize Perfection (which I think is the official name), before.

In fact, it's actually on their album teaser (and on their canceled EP that was supposed to come out months ago):

Islandjam2990

Reaction score
Speaking of which, what ever happened to the EP? Or the single? In fact, does anyone know anything further than "there is definitely a new Born Of Osiris album in the works"?

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Sumerian canceled the EP because BoO is self-producing the album, so they didn't want to release an EP with songs that were going to be rerecorded anyway. Or at least, that's what Lee has said to me. There may be more I don't know, but that's about it. Also, the album is finished, in terms of recording. I don't know what stage they are in mixing and mastering, however, especially because the band has been on tour with All That Remains (left just after finishing the recording, I believe), and I haven't been able to talk to Lee at all.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I'm kicking myself for not downloading the EP. The songs were on youtube for a short window of hours. I had them up on my browser and had the chance to download them and didn't. The songs were fucking amazing, I can't wait for this release. They're become one of the most mature sounding Sumerian bands.
Ahh shit, they were downloadable and nobody told me? As much as I love Lee, I would download that EP in a heartbeat :wallbash:
Anyone here has the EP?
I know one guy on here (other than Lee, obviously) has it, but he said he's unwilling to share :noplease:

Reaction score
Ah, didn't know this was the same song as Wheaton. This is the first full song I've heard... it's really damn good though. If the rest of the album is as good, then it will be awesome...

Reaction score
I'm kicking myself for not downloading the EP. The songs were on youtube for a short window of hours. I had them up on my browser and had the chance to download them and didn't. The songs were fucking amazing, I can't wait for this release. They're become one of the most mature sounding Sumerian bands.

Not much of a contest, I agree though, VoM is one of two bands I like sitting on Sumarian.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Their live tone...oh my fucking god that was awesome, even listening to it on YouTube on my iPhone. Sucks that they have to play in a no name club when they get to the Netherla ds >.<

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
Man, the EP should've come out. I just have a feeling the re-recording wont sound as good as this version of these 3 songs.

All in all, I will kill someone to get this CD early...

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Why do you say that? They're still using that silly Axefx and they're recording with a REAL set this time!

Real drums > Superior 2.0
But they're also self producing, instead of being produced by Misha and Casey, which could change the mix and overall sound.

Reaction score
Producing and mixing aren't the same...

But obviously it's going to sound different if someone different is mixing it.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I was under the impression that all of the production, engineering, and mixing on the EP was handled by Misha for the instruments, and Casey for the vocals.

Reaction score
...but BOO producing themselves doesn't mean they're mixing the album themselves. It means they're shaping the overall process of creating the album themselves. Forming & creating the vision of what they want the overall album to be like, structuring the songs/lyrics/themes exactly how they think they should be structured, etc. These are things an outside producer would help with.

Anyways, I just looked it up and apparently Brandon Paddock, who is John Feldman&#8217;s engineer, is the guy mixing the album.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I was under the impression that all of the production, engineering, and mixing on the EP was handled by Misha for the instruments, and Casey for the vocals.

Casey and Misha are no longer involved with the album, iirc

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
i'm personally a little relieved that Misha won't be handling this one. love his sound, but the BoO style just seems like a bad mix with his style.

i keep jamming those youtube videos though. so damn good!

')