Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I don't think he had time to do more than three songs, he's a busy fellow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
So why didn't bulb record the whole album?

i'd rather him redo the new ATB.

after listening to the new BoO track and the new ATB album back to back i feel like Misha could have brought out a lot of the little things in the mix of that album that kinda get lost.

love this track. though. they are quickly on their way to being my fave band. they're also one of the only bands that i feel me and all my metal friends can get into equally. i got BTBAM addicts and melodic addicts. they all seem to dig this just fine. i don't ask questions. :nuts:

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
As for the production comments, we just got really tired of hearing "Born of Periphery" or blah blah. Misha definitely has a style of his own and all his productions have that bulb sound (which is not bad!) I personally feel like Periphery and Born of Osiris are two completely different entities, and the last thing we want is kids trying to say our new stuff sounds like theirs, or that we are trying to be "djent" as the term is WAY over used and has taken on a completely different meaning. It should not be a genre, and there shouldn't be "djent bands." Sorry to anyone who feels otherwise, but you can ask Misha himself.

That's why.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
anyone have larger photos of the tshirts for preorder? i'm feeling like a nuisance asking so much. :x

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
And the pre-orders are through........ MerchConnect. God-dammit. :mad:

Looks the album will be "released" mid-April for anyone who gets the preorder. :lol:

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
^:scratch: I pre-ordered In Dreams and got mine the day
After the album came out. Never heard of any problems from them.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
^

Consider yourself lucky. They've dicked me over numerous times. I'm not the only one here who got the ATB "pre-order" almost a month after the album was released.

I can deal with slightly delayed shipping. I know they can't ship them before the release date since they aren't the record company. But it's their general "not giving a fuck" attitude I get when asking about order status. Plus they ran out of my size on a t-shirt and held my entire order because they weren't willing to pay for 2 shipping costs. Which is pretty absurd, since they just stuff your shit in a flat-rate envelope anyway (see Exhibit A).

Exhibit A.
7fe9c653.jpg

It sucks, because I like a lot of Sumerian artists, and Sumerian is exclusive with MerchConnect (at least for pre-orders). So it looks like I'll have to order with them again. I'll just be sure to keep my expectations low.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
WOW That fucking blows.
Now I'm skeptical to pre-order.
Probably just gonna sit on it for a while.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
^

After that nice, long rant.............. I got the pre-order and a fuck-ton of new shirts. :lol:

I'm not knocking their products; decent quality shirts with some really nice designs. At least I ordered enough that they'll have to ship it in a box. :yesway:

27f5aed1.png

Yeah they're all XXL. Yeah I'm kind of a fatty. But by the time I get them, I'll be halfway through my second cycle of Insanity (yes, that is the cheesy workout DVD infomercial you've all seen, don't judge, it's tough as fook!). :lol:

EDIT: D'oh!!! Just realized I accidentally selected XL for my pre-order bundle. Looks like I get to test their customer service early for this one.

EDIT #2: Wow, they've already replied. They even made sure to ask that every shirt was supposed to be XXL. Maybe they are changing for the better?

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Dude, you snagged all of those? Fucking diesel, bro. :lol:

Let's just hope they're all in stock. The Faceless "Planetary Duality" shirt being out of stock caused a lot of problems last time. I hope they didn't just leave it as in stock on the site, knowing it's out of stock.

And yes, that is a shit load of shirts. I figured I haven't really bought any new T-shirts in a long time, so why not?

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
decided not to wait and just preorder the first shirt bundle instead. looks the same as the album cover. *shrug*

hopefully i have a good spot "in line" so mine will be from the batch already in stock? (preordered something last minute last time and it took a while)

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
After learning about how Gunshow is obsessed with fashion
I've now decided to pre-order the album, though I seriously
have enough fucking black shirts.

And yes! Who does the art?!
I'm really loving this one.

baboisking

Reaction score
Really? Because I can hear the bass extremely well.
The timbre really shows on this single.
But I have yet to hear more from them besides
Wheaton which I need to listen to a few more times.

I think the production on this single is amazing.
Seriously blown away. :yesway:

I can HEAR it, per se, but it's really just the slap of the strings. No body.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
^

Are you guys really arguing about bass? We all know that bass players are the least important element of a band. :D

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
That's why.

Pity, the demo's production was absolutely amazing. While this new song is great, the production is definitely not up to par with the demo.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Just listened to the single, thought I'd heard it but hadn't before. What's everyone chatting about bad production? :lol: Sounds fucking phat. I think people are getting prefences mixed up with what is really bad. St. Anger is bad. This isn't bad.

')