Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
it sucks that the tracks leaked, i didnt even give them to my own band members haha, please dont spread them around if you have them out of respect to lee and the rest of boo.

Steve08

Reaction score
When djent has a Wikipedia page officially declaring it is not a genre.
I wouldn't go so far to call it a genre, but a descriptor. Most djent bands fit under my (personal, mind you, I don't mean this pejoratively) definition of metalcore, but that's a really broad term. Just saying metalcore could range from AILD, Elitist to ATB, all of which sound mostly distinct from each other, so if someone says specifically djent then I know they're talking about Periphery, Tesseract, AAL, etc... yes, all of which feature the djent sound, which IMO is a guitar 'sound' like chugs or slams, along with a couple other distinctive traits.

concertjunkie

Reaction score
I wouldn't go so far to call it a genre, but a descriptor. Most djent bands fit under my (personal, mind you, I don't mean this pejoratively) definition of metalcore, but that's a really broad term. Just saying metalcore could range from AILD, Elitist to ATB, all of which sound mostly distinct from each other, so if someone says specifically djent then I know they're talking about Periphery, Tesseract, AAL, etc... yes, all of which feature the djent sound, which IMO is a guitar 'sound' like chugs or slams, along with a couple other distinctive traits.

well made point. It is natural for us to categorize and describe something, and just because someone calls something "djent" doesnt really require one to flip shit because it isnt following the original meaning. The english language has enough words that are used in such a manner that falls away from its original meaning, so get over it. Examples? That meat is cold as SHIT. That meat is cold as FUCK. That meat is cold as PISS. Just sayin

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
lol just heard the EP since it popped up on torrents..
do not want. the album version of Follow the Signs is lightyears ahead

I didn't know the full depth of the djent thing either until just the other day when we jammed and a guitarist buddy of mine big into djent showed me all these bands like Hydrodjent.. yikes. talk about genre saturation there is only like two bands that do it well, and they don't leave any room for imitators. Born of Osiris isn't djent either.

LeeOSIRIS

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and say that It's not that we don't want the Misha versions ever to be heard, because we are very stoked about the week we had recording with him and what came of it. The MAIN reason we don't want these tracks being spread around is because we are doing an exclusive release of The Discovery with either FYE or Hot Topic with the Misha tracks on it.

For the arguments on which version is better or not, we didn't hope it would come to that. We more so hoped that our fans would appreciate hearing different versions and arrangements of these songs... these types of things usually go unheard with other bands. Hopefully it's cool to our fans to see how these songs grew and came to be what they are now.

Enjoy everyone : ) And again, please keep your unreleased tunes to yourselves. (Even though I feel it's too late haha)

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
For the arguments on which version is better or not, we didn't hope it would come to that. We more so hoped that our fans would appreciate hearing different versions and arrangements of these songs... these types of things usually go unheard with other bands. Hopefully it's cool to our fans to see how these songs grew and came to be what they are now.

didn't think of it that way. sometimes we start feeling entitled to shit i guess.

.......so where's our god damn part 3 of studio diary? :lol:

jk love yewwwww :bowdown:

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and say that It's not that we don't want the Misha versions ever to be heard, because we are very stoked about the week we had recording with him and what came of it. The MAIN reason we don't want these tracks being spread around is because we are doing an exclusive release of The Discovery with either FYE or Hot Topic with the Misha tracks on it.

Enjoy everyone : ) And again, please keep your unreleased tunes to yourselves. (Even though I feel it's too late haha)
Thanks for the insight Lee! As soon as the album drops, I'll pick up the exclusive edition, and delete my leaked tracks :lol:

The McThief

The Boss Man
Reaction score
I was gonna go figure out Follow The Signs (or at least SOME of it haha) today, and then I realized it's in drop F now? I thought they officially said it was gonna be in drop G?

I apologize if this has been brought up somewhere in this massive thread already.

Reaction score
I was gonna go figure out Follow The Signs (or at least SOME of it haha) today, and then I realized it's in drop F now? I thought they officially said it was gonna be in drop G?

I apologize if this has been brought up somewhere in this massive thread already.

I'm pretty sure it is in Drop G. When I was in Drop G it sounded just like the song.. Idk i might be going deaf.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Genre: a categorical and typological construct that identifies musical sounds as belonging to a particular category and type of music that can be distinguished from other types of music.

come-at-me-bro.jpg

concertjunkie

Reaction score

i second that, it is in drop G
i actually got most of the last riff tabbed out at the end of the song, although i need to fix a few notes, but otherwise it should be 90+% correct and stilll need to get it up to speed :p

The McThief

The Boss Man
Reaction score
i second that, it is in drop G
i actually got most of the last riff tabbed out at the end of the song, although i need to fix a few notes, but otherwise it should be 90+% correct and stilll need to get it up to speed :p

Post tab plox? :p

EDIT: now that I listen closely, I realized I was hearing things totally wrong. you guys are definitely right that it's in G. Thanks for the confirmation bro!

')