Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Metal sucks sucks. I don't know where they get off sucking After The Burial's dick when In Dreams came out, and making fun of BoO since they had their Danzig interview, which was a joke.

I'm pretty sure that BoO is in on the joke. MS is practically on the Sumerian payroll, that's why all the Sumerian releases get glowing reviews (also notice Misha and Marc have had their own columns?). Also, MS already gave Follow the Signs a positive review.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
^

The joke I was talking about was today's article and BoO telling their Facebook fans to spam MS. You realize it's a promotional stunt?

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
:rofl:

I'm pretty sure everyone knew it was just MS fucking around. I laughed hella hard at that article. Idk maybe i'm just weird or something..

On the contrary, you should have read BoO's Facebook when they told everyone to "spam MS." It was priceless. Bunch of 15 year olds completely losing their shit over it.

One of them (this is paraphrased) said, "they think that BoO isn't metal, but you can't judge what is metal and what isn't, they just like that NY beardo stuff that isn't really metal anyway." :rofl:

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
i think what most people are failing to realize is that that whole post was a joke directed at Meshuggah fans. legit i nearly got worked up into a frenzy and clicked the link foaming at the mouth practically.... and then got disappointed fast.. and then had to laugh at myself for getting so worked up. however BOO's reaction is making me facepalm hard

Enselmis

Reaction score
Saw 'em here in Portland w/ Darkest Hour and The Human Abstract (who both also killed it) and they were pretty good. The tight, syncopated guitar parts is really where they most shone, though. :yesway:

Best part of the show, though, hands down:
Whilst a gaggle of kids were fighting those pesky invisible ninjas, and stomping on the invisible snakes they had dropped, a dude did a full-on Zoidberg walk across the fucking pit!!! :rofl:
I laughed for like ten minutes straight, and it even cracked up BoO's singer. :lol:

That's pretty good, but I've played leap frog around the pit at an Architects show. That was priceless.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
i think what most people are failing to realize is that that whole post was a joke directed at Meshuggah fans.

Wut??? :scratch:

It was a satirical article about the ignorant people that say all the "djent" bands sound just like Meshuggah (most of them aren't Meshuggah fans).

Just read the only other article that author (Dummy Nosenothing) wrote. It's an article all about Otep, intended to promote Opeth's 20th anniversary. :lol:

But yeah, it seemed like not too many of BoO's Facebook fans got the joke.

gregmarx7

Reaction score
Saw 'em here in Portland w/ Darkest Hour and The Human Abstract (who both also killed it) and they were pretty good. The tight, syncopated guitar parts is really where they most shone, though. :yesway:

Best part of the show, though, hands down:
Whilst a gaggle of kids were fighting those pesky invisible ninjas, and stomping on the invisible snakes they had dropped, a dude did a full-on Zoidberg walk across the fucking pit!!! :rofl:
I laughed for like ten minutes straight, and it even cracked up BoO's singer. :lol:

I was at that show! They totally killed it.
Unfortunately, I did not get to see this though. haha I don't doubt that it happened at all though.

Reaction score
On the contrary, you should have read BoO's Facebook when they told everyone to "spam MS." It was priceless. Bunch of 15 year olds completely losing their shit over it.

One of them (this is paraphrased) said, "they think that BoO isn't metal, but you can't judge what is metal and what isn't, they just like that NY beardo stuff that isn't really metal anyway." :rofl:

Oh I know. I saw it. It was funny but then after I realized they were all serious I kinda gave up in humanity and moved on.

and wtfuck contradiction much? lol

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
These posts confuse me :(

These are not the posts you are looking for...

these_are_not_the_droids.jpg

')