Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

fredw138

Fredw138
Reaction score
Got the new CD today. I gotta admit, I wasn't a huge fan of Born of Osiris. "A Higher Place" was good, but in a "this band shows a lot of promise" or a "at least they are doing something different with the -core genre."

I popped this disc in, however, and was absolutely blown away. I love how the synths are layered over the heavy guitar. I also feel like the song structures were given more thought (New Reign was a little too chaotic, with no themes really repeating anywhere). The production was phenomenal too, and some of the electronic parts are really powerful and haunting. :yesway:

Not to mention it's crushingly brutal!!:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
convinced my friend of it's awesomeness via text. he stayed up till midnight so he could get it on itunes. LOVES it. lol "oh my god best yet"

kicking myself because i left the cd at home today. sounds so damn good in my car too. makes me wish i ALSO had a 7 string so i could do the drop G and learn BoO tunes and tunes off the new TesseracT........... whenever it arrives....... if ever. :(

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Got the new CD today. I gotta admit, I wasn't a huge fan of Born of Osiris. "A Higher Place" was good, but in a "this band shows a lot of promise" or a "at least they are doing something different with the -core genre."

I popped this disc in, however, and was absolutely blown away. I love how the synths are layered over the heavy guitar. I also feel like the song structures were given more thought (New Reign was a little too chaotic, with no themes really repeating anywhere). The production was phenomenal too, and some of the electronic parts are really powerful and haunting. :yesway:

Not to mention it's crushingly brutal!!:hbang:

This.

Even though I listened to "A Higher Place" quite a bit, this is just miles ahead of it. I can hear the "New Reign" influence on the album, but it's so much better it's crazy.

Well done, gentlemen.

10/10 in my book. That's rare, honestly.

Ruination19D

Om Nom Nom
Reaction score
Just got the new album as well, really liking it, so much better than A Higher Place, however The New Reign will always be my favorite since it's just so different. I will say that I did like Bulb's production of Recreate and Singularity over the final album versions.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
Really diggin the album and the production is chilllll, lots of bass over guitars but i'd rather have that over no audible bass = the mix is heavy! :hbang:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
The synths in the beginning of "Singularity" add so much. Shit like this makes me wanna look for a keyboardist lol.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I've switched to only really listening to this album.

The musicianship is incredible and the album warrants multiple repeat listens.

Most of the tracks blow me away, and like has been said some of the keys parts are really haunting, bordering on chilling.

I also give this 10/10.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I really wasn't sure about the production at first, kinda like I was unsure about Spencer in Periphery.

But just like Spencer, it's phenomenal. I want that bass tone, so bad, for our album.

I need to learn to trust the decisions these bands make. I mean, they're fantastic musicians, there's no way they were gonna let something that sounds like shit hit the shelves.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the vocal part at 1:24 in Two Worlds of Design sound exactly like Brandon from VoM? :lol:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
The "In Progress Sumerian Wall-o-Fame" :lol:

201274_209995772344467_100000021364677_878384_4614601_o.jpg

adb

Banned
Reaction score
I have that faceless poster, they're the only sumerian band worthy of my wall

d3kzD.jpg

old pic but meh, only thing different is I have a cynic postcard

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
I was just about to write what if The Faceless, BOO, VoM, and Periphery toured together... then went to the Faceless myspace to see whats goin down... and holy shit! Just as good IMO but Europe instead :(
175002_10150089375436074_200878716073_6192473_6334300_o.jpg

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that the first day The Faceless posted that up on FB. I am still SEVERELY depressed thats not a North American tour.

dymo

Reaction score
yeah you guys get a lot of cool shows over there,now its our turn! haha jk

i would enjoy this tour even more if veil of maya's id wasn't full of boring songs!

Guitarman700

Reaction score
Just listened to this all the way through in one sitting. Possible album of the year here. Simply stunning. You boys done good. :yesway:

')