Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

Dan Halen

Reaction score
I just bought The Discovery. Never thought I would ever buy deathcore act, but this album is just phenomenal. Great solos, Riffs that are Djenty but keeps the Harshness that Meshuggah has(unlike the majority of Djent acts), good compositions, and good breakdowns..........wait there are no breakdowns, only solos :hbang:. I like that it gives a progressive feel throughout the whole album.

must agree here. i never thought id get into anything like this ever. the moment i heard scar symmetry it changed everything for me. i never thought id ever hear something so clean come out of something so technical.
THEN i hear periphery and it immerses me into the world of "aggressive progressive," and now im blown away yet AGAIN with BOO.

they are so flawless with the only exception being that IMHO they should have a melodic vocalist like Scar Symmetry. i mean i love bands like DAATH that scream and cookie monster growl the whole time, but for some of the chords they use i start singing the lyrics rather than screaming or growling them. i just think sometimes a more melodic singing vocal is appropriate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Ive always been a sucker for melodic vocals. I think if BoO used them sparingly it would be cool. Not too much though.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
yah you guys get what im saying. like in recreate i can hear this one bit where melodic vocals would kill over. or in automatic motion OMG.

x360rampagex

Reaction score
Heard them a while ago, but only just now got their album, its pretty sweet. Also the same for Veil of Maya, and now can't stop listening to them. Both bands are amazing.

codync

Reaction score
If anybody in the North Carolina area reads this, my band is opening for the Greensboro date of the Discovery tour on December 3rd. Provided we're in the same area, I can hook you up with advance tickets with no service/online charge. You're only saving a couple of bucks, but for frequent show-goers, that stuff gets SO annoying. Check it out!

Escher | Facebook

space frog

Reaction score
I'd hit that show if it came to Montreal. But I guess BoO wouldn't make it passed the border again...

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
I need to check the tour dates. If this came within my state I am totally there!

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
this kid is like 12 haha

and more girls covering this

forum member

and to reiterate, the orginal gal to do it

i have to much free time......

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
I now officially hate the guitar and realize I suck bad. Thanks ladies!

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
ZING-toys-logo.jpg

Djent246

Can I haz guitar?
Reaction score
Bit annoying that fuckin' phenomonal bands like this have fuck all chance of getting over here to Ireland for a show..

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Bit annoying that fuckin' phenomonal bands like this have fuck all chance of getting over here to Ireland for a show..

+1

But hey were getting Devin, Dimmu, Cynic and Protest the Hero!!! Gigs are starting to pick up over here again.

but dude do the european tours hit ireland??

Not much anymore. Its become too costly to transport a band and their equipment across from England when they could play a similar size venue much easier in another country their doing a few nights in.

Djent246

Can I haz guitar?
Reaction score
+1

But hey were getting Devin, Dimmu, Cynic and Protest the Hero!!! Gigs are starting to pick up over here again.

Not much anymore. Its become too costly to transport a band and their equipment across from England when they could play a similar size venue much easier in another country their doing a few nights in.

Hell yeah bro! Goin to the Dev Clinic next tuesday? Emo told me about it,defo gonna try and go if possible! :D

')