Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

mondertonian

Mondoing Since '01
Reaction score
Bummer. Oh well, it's for the best, conflicting emotions aren't productive. Ever. Lol. Wish em both the best.

^ and as far as I know and as far as I've heard in interviews every person pretty much writes entire songs, so no, he wasn't the sole writer of every solo. I think he just made Lee step up his game, so to speak. More shred influence and all that. Who knows though haha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Actually I think Jason played all of the "technical" solos on the album. I just don't see Lee being able to play Behold,Dissimulation, ect...

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I've only ever see Lee do 'Recreate' and I've heard numerous accounts that Lee has trouble keeping up with Jason in some parts. I do fear that the next BoO record may suffer due to the lack of Jason, although they do seem to have stepped up their game with the electronic stuff they bring into the music, which really made The Discovery that much better.

Reaction score
That's too bad if he was because the only part of BOO I really enjoyed was the solos with the neat phrasing, otherwise there's a bit too much 0-0-0-000-00-00000 for me.

mondertonian

Mondoing Since '01
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll bring in someone just as epic as Jason. I guess i'm just lucky my favorite song on The Discovery was Recreate :yesway:

Theres always someone better out there and I've got to think they'll try out for BoO. I'm excited, I just hope they get weirder :idontseethecoolsmileyfacedrinkingcoffeebutpretenditshere:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
BOO became a much better band when Jason joined. We will have to wait and see what happens now without him. Sucks that he gets kicked out for trying to be the responsible guy.

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
I like the people who are coming out with the "oh, I never really liked his solos" or the "I think he gave me a mean look one time at a show" comments after this goes down.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
I like the people who are coming out with the "oh, I never really liked his solos" or the "I think he gave me a mean look one time at a show" comments after this goes down.

lol i thought most of his solo's were neat, he is just not a fun guy to talk to really.

one time we were both "under the influence" and we just mumbled some stuff at eachother almost incoherently about ASP and thats it haha.

FretWizard88

Reaction score
I don't know if somebody talked about this yet. What I heard was that he was tired of the other band members drinking and abusing drugs. He wanted to get shit done and it wasn't happening, so I give props to him for moving on (that is if this is true).

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
Jason made that band a lot better than they were before. Maybe Jason would make Chelsea Grin to a band that would make me change my honest opinion on them(I really am not fond of there style, but they got their own crowd and that's good). Hopefully BoO can continue with what they did with The Discovery. But we'll see. Jason's playing was just spot on in the Discovery and songwriting that I couldn't deny not buying that Deathcore CD

I don't know if somebody talked about this yet. What I heard was that he was tired of the other band members drinking and abusing drugs. He wanted to get shit done and it wasn't happening, so I give props to him for moving on (that is if this is true).

Yeah I found the same thing on his FB

"Just to clarify to everyone I did NOT quit Born of Osiris, I would have never been able to bring myself to do such a thing no matter how much tension was between us. All of those dudes were essentially my family, I lived in the same house as them for over 2 years. This was by no means at all my decision(not that I was involved in the decision in any way shape or form lol). I have been fired from the band because I, "don't agree with the way they want to live their lives" and "it felt like their dad was in the band." So instead of confronting me about my eeeendless bitching about their excessive drinking and assorted drug abuse they decided that calling me at 130 in the morning 4 days before christmas while I'm home visiting family to tell me that all of my belongings from the new BOO house were in my trailer on the way to me in VA was the professional way to handle it. So i can say with pride that I will NEVER play another note on stage with the group of cowards that is Born of Osiris. I don't give a fuck what they think of me for putting their personal stuff out there, I want everyone to see them for who they really are. Im just happy the truth finally came out and now I know what truly matters to them and it is NOT putting out albums like The Discovery. On another note I will continuing the rest of my musical endeavors with Chelsea Grin, as we are already really great friends and with the recent loss of their guitar player we were able to make the best out of two very shitty situations. I will be involved with the writing process of their next release which is supposed to be dropped before warped tour this summer. You guys heard how much a higher place sucked and what came after it, so get ready for some of the sickest CG you've ever heard!!!"

Why does this remind of Dave Mustaine and Metallica but reverse

anomynous

Reaction score
Born of Osiris better top The Discovery the next album, otherwise they're going to get SO much shit

Winning
Reaction score
So what does everyone think about Jason getting kicked out of Born of Osiris and who will be the new guitar player!!??

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
As much as I love Born of Osiris, this was a huge low-blow. I've been a fan of their shit since they released their Rosecrance experiment and The New Reign is still one of my top 5 albums to date. Jason seemed like a huge step up from the last album considering I didn't like A Higher Place at all.

But kicking someone out because he's a bit more serious about both drug-abuse and the music itself seems like a really fucked up thing to do. Well, atleast it feels like Chelsea Grin will get more progressive with their shit and I'm really wondering about what effect this will have on the new BoO-record.

But for now let's just focus on Eclipse (VoM)!

Latest posts

')