Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

Reaction score
Drop G is the way of the future. I love this song. The breakdown-esque rhythms blow me everytime. and that sweeping section at the end. Love it.
GIVE US THE FULL ALBUM!!!
Wait it comes out march right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Acme

Reaction score
Guys, can I find these Bulb-produced songs somewhere? I mean the full ones. Thanks in advance!

LeeOSIRIS

Reaction score
Hey guys! Glad you are digging the track! And thanks to all those who have come out to see us overseas! We're having an absolute blast.

As for the production comments, we just got really tired of hearing "Born of Periphery" or blah blah. Misha definitely has a style of his own and all his productions have that bulb sound (which is not bad!) I personally feel like Periphery and Born of Osiris are two completely different entities, and the last thing we want is kids trying to say our new stuff sounds like theirs, or that we are trying to be "djent" as the term is WAY over used and has taken on a completely different meaning. It should not be a genre, and there shouldn't be "djent bands." Sorry to anyone who feels otherwise, but you can ask Misha himself.

Anyways! I don't mean to bring up the Djent discussion I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for the all the support guys it means the world to us. We also hope to see you in Europe or the states sometime this year! We will be touring our asses off in support of The Discovery, so come hang out!!

LeeOSIRIS

Reaction score
Hey guys! Glad you are digging the track! And thanks to all those who have come out to see us overseas! We're having an absolute blast.

As for the production comments, we just got really tired of hearing "Born of Periphery" or blah blah. Misha definitely has a style of his own and all his productions have that bulb sound (which is not bad!) I personally feel like Periphery and Born of Osiris are two completely different entities, and the last thing we want is kids trying to say our new stuff sounds like theirs, or that we are trying to be "djent" as the term is WAY over used and has taken on a completely different meaning. It should not be a genre, and there shouldn't be "djent bands." Sorry to anyone who feels otherwise, but you can ask Misha himself.

Anyways! I don't mean to bring up the Djent discussion I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for the all the support guys it means the world to us. We also hope to see you in Europe or the states sometime this year! We will be touring our asses off in support of The Discovery, so come hang out!!

ChrisOfTheSky

Reaction score
You guys played an amazing show on the 29th in Nottingham at the Rescue Rooms!

Just wish the sound was mixed a little better >.< Couldn't really hear any of the leads.
Nonetheless it was awesome :D

Reaction score
@lee I'll chill with you guys fersure if you come to the boardwalk in orangevale. Or in sac for that matter. I need to see you guys live. and chill with you guys and partake in after show festivities.... :)

EDIT:
BTW just to show how much i enjoy the new song, in the past 23 or 24 hours or however long its been since the release, iTunes tells me i've listened to it 104 times total. And thats only cause i was asleep for 6-8 hours. and had class.
Damn.

Reaction score
Really disappointed with the mix, but the music is very cool. Sounds like the best aspects of the previous two albums combined, with some extra creativity/techyness added by Jason Richardson. Will definitely have to check out the rest of the tracks.

Did you guys not record guitar DIs? Most of Jason Suecof's mixes are quite a bit different sounding from this... I'm thinking he was only given Axe-FX tracks...

The Honorable

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a little confused. Do BoO use 6ers or 7 strings? All the tabs I have are in Drop C on a 6 but in the Now Arise music video and all the studio updates for the recent album they are using 7s. I just got a Loomis OFR for xmas so I'd love to play some BoO on it. Someone mentioned drop G in an earlier post. Is this the tuning on the new album?

baboisking

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a little confused. Do BoO use 6ers or 7 strings? All the tabs I have are in Drop C on a 6 but in the Now Arise music video and all the studio updates for the recent album they are using 7s. I just got a Loomis OFR for xmas so I'd love to play some BoO on it. Someone mentioned drop G in an earlier post. Is this the tuning on the new album?

Yes, they use 7's. Drop G is the tuning for The Discovery.

baboisking

Reaction score
While the guitar tone still sounds good on "Follow the Signs", everything else is a let down from the tracks Misha did.

That bass is so thin! :mad:

Amazing songwriting, obviously!

The Honorable

Reaction score
Ahhh Ok I found this post by Lee on the Ultimate Metal forums:

"Hello! There is a small misunderstanding about that tuning. Both of our albums in stores now are on six strings, but I've always been a seven string player. That is why I play sevens live even though until now, none of the material has been seven string. The GCGCFAD tuning is what my guitar is tuned to when I go on stage to play six strings songs. I just ignore the seventh string (G).

The new album is tuned to as follows - GDGCFAD. This is a more standard dropped tuning for a seven. So in turn its not too unusual. It also makes the writing problem you mentioned a little easier : ) I hope this answers your question properly!"

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
While the guitar tone still sounds good on "Follow the Signs", everything else is a let down from the tracks Misha did.

That bass is so thin! :mad:

Amazing songwriting, obviously!

Really? Because I can hear the bass extremely well.
The timbre really shows on this single.
But I have yet to hear more from them besides
Wheaton which I need to listen to a few more times.

I think the production on this single is amazing.
Seriously blown away. :yesway:

Reaction score
Really? I think the guitar tone is really messy and weak sounding. You can tell it's the Axe-FX very easily...

It sounds more like a demo to me... quiet vocals, synth levels all over the place, not so great guitar tone... I do like the drums though.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
I really like the guitar tone, on either production.
Follow The Signs has really good levels on everything,
but I agree the synth levels are kind of weird.
The vocals don't seem to be quiet to me.
And yea the drums are great.

The only Misha produced track I have is Wheaton.
To me I don't think it's "djenty" or whatever fanboi
term you have. The bass on that is pretty weak for me though.
I've listened to both of these only on Apple headphones, and today
I'll be playing them through my M-Audio monitors to check it out.

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
So why didn't bulb record the whole album?

')