Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and say that It's not that we don't want the Misha versions ever to be heard, because we are very stoked about the week we had recording with him and what came of it. The MAIN reason we don't want these tracks being spread around is because we are doing an exclusive release of The Discovery with either FYE or Hot Topic with the Misha tracks on it.

For the arguments on which version is better or not, we didn't hope it would come to that. We more so hoped that our fans would appreciate hearing different versions and arrangements of these songs... these types of things usually go unheard with other bands. Hopefully it's cool to our fans to see how these songs grew and came to be what they are now.

Enjoy everyone : ) And again, please keep your unreleased tunes to yourselves. (Even though I feel it's too late haha)

I would definitely pick up that exclusive release.

I have to admit, at first I was all about Misha's mix, but the more I listen to the current mix the more I really dig it. I think both mixes have their strong points, and either way it sounds like this new disc is gonna kick some serious ass. I think having Misha's mix as a bonus on the exclusive disc is an excellent idea:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
So I finally listened to the EP version and album version of 'Follow The Signs'. Honestly, I think I'm digging the arrangement of the album version better. Both are extremely good, but I'm a bit more psyched on the album version.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
hay ibnz, you seen ticket sales yet? is it gonna be first come first serve at the door?

The McThief

The Boss Man
Reaction score
I listened to the album version of Follow The Signs first, and I must say I still love Misha's version a lot better.

Still so freaking excited for this album! Is there an official release date yet? Isn't it some time in March?

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
hay ibnz, you seen ticket sales yet? is it gonna be first come first serve at the door?

No idea, man. I usually always buy my tickets at the door, but I'm sure about 50 locals will be on this show, so people will be selling presales. I'm not even showing up until like 9 o'clock, because otherwise I'll watch 8 different bands play the same breakdown for 4 hours.

concertjunkie

Reaction score
for anyone interested
i tabbed out to my ability the end riff of "Follow the Signs"
I would love any help in getting it close to if not all the way to 100% correct, since the more ears the better!
i havent jumped into the rhythm guitar (just note placements, havent tabbed out the notes yet) or guitar harmony
enjoy!

BORN OF OSIRIS FOLLOW THE SIGNS END RIFF.gp5

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
for anyone interested
i tabbed out to my ability the end riff of "Follow the Signs"
I would love any help in getting it close to if not all the way to 100% correct, since the more ears the better!
i havent jumped into the rhythm guitar (just note placements, havent tabbed out the notes yet) or guitar harmony
enjoy!

BORN OF OSIRIS FOLLOW THE SIGNS END RIFF.gp5

Sounds like your getting close!

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
That Revolver behind the scenes video was awesome.
I was really taken aback they saw the same flaws I saw
in their previous albums: short album, interesting parts were
also short. This is seriously gonna be an amazing release.
Stoked to have it pre-ordered.

Amazon Prime FTW.
feels good being a student.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
Goddam, with listening to the misha demos Boo has become my favourite band atm. God Dam you guys rock. Can't wait for this album to drop.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Can't wait to see you guys Monday! I'm planning to talk to you after your set!

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
They sound AWESOME. I've heard like 7 of these tracks already, and this will probably be my album of the year.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Sick as hell. I love that riff in "Ascension", the same riff they showed Lee playing in the first studio vid. I can't wait to own this album.

')