Boss ES-8 and Marshall JVM integration

• Thread starter BenjaminW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
My GAS for a JVM 410H reignited today after a trip to Guitar Center and decided I would give it a try incorporating it into my rig.

Aside from the amp itself sounding amazing, I am struggling to get it to work with my ES-8 to switch channels. I've got the amp and ES-8 connected via MIDI cable (they're in the right spots before anyone asks) as from what I understand, it's the best way to do any elaborate channel switching for this amp without the standard footswitch Marshall has for it.

I've tried reading both the JVM and ES-8 manuals and while they've pointed me in the right direction for the most part, there's just a missing link between getting them to cooperate that I am probably missing without thinking about it. This is also my first time doing anything MIDI related as well.

I also have come across a couple of posts on either YouTube or other forums, and haven't really found a whole lot from there to be honest.

Asking around here and a few other places to see what anyone knows but given that this is a specific issue, I'm just gonna take everything I can get and find as best as I can.

I apologize if this sounds like a massive rant/tangent, I was just battling it out with my rig for a while and a little stressed but hopefully my thoughts are coherent enough for someone else to understand them!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts

')